Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Exile Set up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jd10ac View Post
    Thanks Droppixel, I saw the thread where you won the Bengal so I have to ask is it half as awesome as it looks?
    You be the judge ... http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...012-Bengal-Pro

Personally, best bow I have ever shot.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

DZSmith, that is a nice setup. Money man thanks for the link. Droppixel, that bow is high on my list when I am ready/able to upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

I have another question for you guys. What makes the Exile a beginner bow? I noticed the specs for it are similar to the other accutrack bows and it has similar features so what really sets it apart from the more expensive bows.

Post Thanks / Like

I have another question for you guys. What makes the Exile a beginner bow? I noticed the specs for it are similar to the other accutrack bows and it has similar features so what really sets it apart from the more expensive bows.
    IMO it's just a solid first bow to have. They are easy to work on and perform great. Generally speaking they are less expensive than some of the other models.

Post Thanks / Like

The price was the only real difference that I noticed. Im very happy with what I paid, I think the people I got it from are in some way tied to Martin (K
    MArcheryhut).
    Last edited by Jd10ac; 06-07-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the people I got it from are in some way tied to Martin (K
    MArcheryhut).
    That's correct. They are part of Martin.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Exile not a Starter Bow

Don't be misled by somone calling the Exile a Starter Bow. Just because it didn't cost $400+ doesn't mean it is a starter bow. I have been bow shooting and hunting for almost 30 years. I have owned many bows over that time period, and shot even more. I have shot several of the "Almighty Matthews" bows, and I will tell exactly what was told to me by an 82 year old BOW EXPERT.......the price doesn't determine the quality or value of a bow, how it feels,shoots, performs and lasts determine the quality!
    I also recently purchased an Exile, from Ebay. It was an excellent bow, at a great price. I have been shooting it for about 3 months. It is one of the best bows I have shot period. It is light weight, short ,easy to hold,easy to shoot, easy to tune,accurate,forgiving, and made from durable quality parts .....now if that is what you call a starter bow than I have lost my mind!..... I am not trying to diss anyone, I just think that it is a very well made bow at a great price!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aldenjj View Post
    Don't be misled by somone calling the Exile a Starter Bow. Just because it didn't cost $400+ doesn't mean it is a starter bow. I have been bow shooting and hunting for almost 30 years. I have owned many bows over that time period, and shot even more. I have shot several of the "Almighty Matthews" bows, and I will tell exactly what was told to me by an 82 year old BOW EXPERT.......the price doesn't determine the quality or value of a bow, how it feels,shoots, performs and lasts determine the quality!
    I also recently purchased an Exile, from Ebay. It was an excellent bow, at a great price. I have been shooting it for about 3 months. It is one of the best bows I have shot period. It is light weight, short ,easy to hold,easy to shoot, easy to tune,accurate,forgiving, and made from durable quality parts .....now if that is what you call a starter bow than I have lost my mind!..... I am not trying to diss anyone, I just think that it is a very well made bow at a great price!!!
    Starter may be the wrong word to describe it, but for someone that is just starting in archery/hunting - they are great first bows. I started off on an older Cheetah of my father's and my wife bought me a 2007 for xmas a few years ago. Great first bow for me to own because of what you say above in the quality and ease of use.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Not to beat the subject to death

My point was, simply, that over the years I have had numerous bows that cost 3 times what I paid for my Exile........but weren't half as good! I think that it can compete with most of the big boys. that is why I said it is much better than a first bow or starter. That being said, if it is a first bow for someone....it is going to be a great bow..... just as it is a great bow for anyone, at any point in there hunting life!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the term "starter bow" is a misnomer here. A better term would be "entry level". It shares the same limbs, cams, string/cable, and such as all the other bows. It may have a little less machining in the riser and does not have the STS as standard equipment. I don't know if it has a hole machined to mount a rear mount STS, but a front mount can always be added if so desired. A cheaper alternative can always be a set of Cat Whiskers to cut down on noise and vibration for hunting and very cheaply. They do cost some speed, about 5 fps, but if speed is an issue then you don't buy a soft cammed bow in the first place.

Don't let anybody kid you. The Exile is a lot of bow for the money when compared with bows costing twice as much and will kill deer or any other quarry just as dead. People make a big deal out of things like the STS, but we hunted without them on compounds for many decades, and very effectively I might add.

Just enjoy what you have and happy hunting.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver