Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Exile Set up

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with what everyone said it seems to be a superb little bow for the price. I'm going crazy not being able to shoot it, I emailed the place I ordered all my arrows and stuff from and it seems there was a delay with some of the stuff in my order. Hopefully my stuff will get here and I can take her out and tune her up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

the only thing that makes it a starter bow is the price , and the price has to do with the fact that its single camed, no stock string stopper, its probably one of martins slower bows, and its small, light, and short for a newer shooter. spec wise all of martins bows are pretty much the same with the exception of riser design and the exile has kind of a plain riser and not as extreme of a limb angle like maybe the bengal or crossfire, my best friend shoots a bowtech assassin, and other than the speed difference which is actually very noticable after 30 yards, his bow doesnt have to many advantages over mine, is 4 ounces heavier, 2 inchs longer, no more accurate, less forgiving, twice the money. exile 300, assassin 600. one thing i do like about bowtech bows though is that they are dipped differently and they have like a bedliner like gritty coating which is very nice and durable. the 2011 martin coatings were quite bad in my opinion when i purchased mine in cabelas many brand new martins had scratches on the finish, and so did mine, and the finish will literally come off if you put tape on it and pull it off, but ive heard that the 2012 models have a better dip job so kudos to martin for correcting their mistakes as they always do.

Post Thanks / Like

Dzsmith, I noticed you are from J-ville it's nice to see another member in Florida.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jd10ac View Post
    Dzsmith, I noticed you are from J-ville it's nice to see another member in Florida.
    oh im not from florida, i recently left actually. i was stationed there for 4 years in the navy. i just got out the navy and have returned to my home of mississippi. i work offshore in the oilfield now. it is good to see someone from where i was at least. i had a nice time living there. if your ever in jacksonville there is a nice bow club called fort caroline archery hes also a taxidermist. hes doing a couple gator heads for me as i speak. i have to drive back there and pick them up some time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    oh im not from florida, i recently left actually. i was stationed there for 4 years in the navy. i just got out the navy and have returned to my home of mississippi. i work offshore in the oilfield now. it is good to see someone from where i was at least. i had a nice time living there. if your ever in jacksonville there is a nice bow club called fort caroline archery hes also a taxidermist. hes doing a couple gator heads for me as i speak. i have to drive back there and pick them up some time
    dzsmith.......nice job ! unlimited shooting and safe backstop opportunities out there , or do they work you to hard ? please at least say they give you guys time to catch a fish out there 4 supper!

Post Thanks / Like

Dzsmith, first and foremost thanks for you service. Mississipi is nice went over there a few times since I grew up in Tennessee. Thanks for the heads up on the archery shop up there, because here in Daytona we dont have much except for a Dicks Sporting Goods.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madman350 View Post
    dzsmith.......nice job ! unlimited shooting and safe backstop opportunities out there , or do they work you to hard ? please at least say they give you guys time to catch a fish out there 4 supper!
    well if they dont give me time to do it while im out there, then i get to on my 2 weeks off i work 14 and 14

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Dzsmith, first and foremost thanks for you service. Mississipi is nice went over there a few times since I grew up in Tennessee. Thanks for the heads up on the archery shop up there, because here in Daytona we dont have much except for a Dicks Sporting Goods.
    well while im at it jacksonville has a couple. North Florida Archery Club, Fort Caroline, Circle C, and there is one in south gerogia i dont know the name of. circle c is in Callahan and North Florida is out by Naval Air Station Jax. if you are ever out that way. they have a lot of weekend tournaments this time of year and they take turns going from one club to the next.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again DZSmith, I did find out that there is a nice archery range here in Daytona. Well, all my stuff finally came in and I got to shoot my Exile yesterday. I have to say that I like it but it is a little louder than my wifes bow. I don't have my peep sight on it yet but she seems to shoot pretty straight so far. I am thinking about picking up a front mount string stop and seeing if that quietens it down a little.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again DZSmith, I did find out that there is a nice archery range here in Daytona. Well, all my stuff finally came in and I got to shoot my Exile yesterday. I have to say that I like it but it is a little louder than my wifes bow. I don't have my peep sight on it yet but she seems to shoot pretty straight so far. I am thinking about picking up a front mount string stop and seeing if that quietens it down a little.
    i have the limbsaver front mount string stop, it works very well and you can still have a front stabilizer but its kind of tricky to get you wrist sling on there with the front mounted one. i made mine work though as you can see in the picture.