Thread: help with a noise

Post Thanks / Like

Default help with a noise

On my Silencer with Fury XT cams, I developed a faint tick or click when I first start to draw, maybe within 4-5 inches of draw. Sounds like it is coming from the upper wheel area. Before I start to break the bow down to check it out I would like to know if anyone has had this, and areas to look at.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zforce View Post
    On my Silencer with Fury XT cams, I developed a faint tick or click when I first start to draw, maybe within 4-5 inches of draw. Sounds like it is coming from the upper wheel area. Before I start to break the bow down to check it out I would like to know if anyone has had this, and areas to look at.
    I had the same issue with the top Nitro Cam on my Fire Cat 400. It drove me crazy. I changed out the drop, Roto Cups and finial it was the Cam . It would click right at half draw. My dealer called CS and they sent me a new Cam set and no more issue on that.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zforce View Post
    Check all of your hardware and make sure everything is tight. I had something similar happen with my Cheetah and it turned out to be the guide rod screws were a little loose. I was convinced it was coming from the idler wheel or limb pocket.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

my rytera has the "click" sound when come to the very first draw of the day, and disappear for the following draw. and the "click" sound also drive me no way i wanna go. Lub, switch roto cup from top to bottom and bottom to top, still the same.

if i were to hunt with this bow, and the very first draw, sure i will spook any big game animal.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember when you were a kid with two tin cans and a string between them.?
    What you hear usually comes from the other end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Remember when you were a kid with two tin cans and a string between them.?
    What you hear usually comes from the other end.
    There is the possibility. will check it out this weekend.

Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daiwateampenn View Post
    my rytera has the "click" sound when come to the very first draw of the day, and disappear for the following draw. and the "click" sound also drive me no way i wanna go. Lub, switch roto cup from top to bottom and bottom to top, still the same.

if i were to hunt with this bow, and the very first draw, sure i will spook any big game animal.

I had this happen to me,, It was my top limb ,,I think it moves just a little as you draw back the first few times ..but then settles in place...Fix for me was lossen limb bolts as far as you can with out taking it apart . Then use a spray can with the little straw of teflon silicone and spray it under the top plastic washer in between it and your limb as best you can ...The smell should be gone by hunting season ...It worked for me ..hope that helps...
    Last edited by ftshooter; 06-08-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ftshooter View Post
    I had this happen to me,, It was my top limb ,,I think it moves just a little as you draw back the first few times ..but then settles in place...Fix for me was lossen limb bolts as far as you can with out taking it apart . Then use a spray can with the little straw of teflon silicone and spray it under the top plastic washer in between it and your limb as best you can ...The smell should be gone by hunting season ...It worked for me ..hope that helps...

Ll tried it out soon as i haf the free time. Thanks for the advice.