Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sight Pin setting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sight Pin setting

would like to ask bro and sis out there, how do you set your say 10 yards, or 15 yards sight pin?

For me, my nearest yardage on my top pin will sit at 25 yards. i cant go lower with that.
    there is no more room for me to adjust the pin and the gang adjustment of the housing also to the max.
    Any tips or advice to solve the problem. Anybody has this same problem?

If you happens to have a big buck walking by you say at 15 yards. Bro, how would you shoot it.

Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey bro, its sounds like your peep is to high. To check it and see if it is, you need to draw the bow back level with your eyes closed. Open your eyes when you are anchored. You should be able to see straight through your peep if you can't adjust it accordingly. Then re-sight your bow.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,i use a single pin cobra slider sight,sighted in up to 60yds.I set it at 20yds when i hunt as there is almost no difference in the x at 20 yds and in.All my hunting spots are purposly set at 20yds and closer.
    But i like to practise out to 60yds killing foam.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

the problem is i cant go lower for the peep. if i go lowering the peep, its not comfortable, very hard to shoot, and not consistent, coz i tried it before, the neck is tiring to c thru the lower peep. it not natural.

Bro Hutch, and yes, i did wat you mentioned. closed eye, draw naturally, and mark the point to place the peep, and i really end up this shooting distance.

I now have no choice to shot at 25 yards mark at least. used to shot at 20 yards mark, but the new string and cable is WOW. i have to step back for till 25yard market.

Or getting a big sight housing?

Bro SpeedKills, dont torture the foam so harsh....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daiwateampenn View Post
    the problem is i cant go lower for the peep. if i go lowering the peep, its not comfortable, very hard to shoot, and not consistent, coz i tried it before, the neck is tiring to c thru the lower peep. it not natural.

Bro Hutch, and yes, i did wat you mentioned. closed eye, draw naturally, and mark the point to place the peep, and i really end up this shooting distance.

I now have no choice to shot at 25 yards mark at least. used to shot at 20 yards mark, but the new string and cable is WOW. i have to step back for till 25yard market.

Or getting a big sight housing?

Bro SpeedKills, dont torture the foam so harsh....
    What sight are you using?

A.S
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 06-07-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    What sight are using?

A.S

Extreme Archery raptor 900. 4 pin sight 0.19.

i bought this sight to plan for hunting. Or bro u have suggestion on other type of sight?

Post Thanks / Like

Extreme Archery raptor 900. 4 pin sight 0.19.

i bought this sight to plan for hunting. Or bro u have suggestion on other type of sight?
    No, that's a very nice sight. I don't think that's the problem.

What poundage is the bow set for? Have you checked to make sure your nocking point is correct recently?

To answer your question about shooting an animal that is at 15 yards, I would just aim a little lower than normal.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    No, that's a very nice sight. I don't think that's the problem.

What poundage is the bow set for? Have you checked to make sure your nocking point is correct recently?

To answer your question about shooting an animal that is at 15 yards, I would just aim a little lower than normal.
    poundage set at 52#. Draw Lenght at 27". nocking point just line up with the berger hole, just nice for my 4" vane to make the clearance.

I did trial and error yesterday shooting 10 yards and 15 yards, a did try to aim half of the sight housing in the peep and shoot with the top pin, and the repeat shot constantly, but it just kinda weird.

Bro Arrow Splitter, thanks for the input. but how do you make the reference point? or just shot little lower by instinct.

Post Thanks / Like

poundage set at 52#. Draw Lenght at 27". nocking point just line up with the berger hole, just nice for my 4" vane to make the clearance.

I did trial and error yesterday shooting 10 yards and 15 yards, a did try to aim half of the sight housing in the peep and shoot with the top pin, and the repeat shot constantly, but it just kinda weird.

Bro Arrow Splitter, thanks for the input. but how do you make the reference point? or just shot little lower by instinct.
    Just giving a little about how i like to do things:I will pick a sight out doesnt matter which one,but i like to make sure my peep covers just the out side of glow ring.Dont want the peep to be bigger to hard to line things up.
    Then i will line one pin or as many as i have with the target and the peep remains around the glow ring at all times, instead of trying to center the peep around each pin.And i shoot with both eye's open which makes doing it this way alot easier.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Just giving a little about how i like to do things:I will pick a sight out doesnt matter which one,but i like to make sure my peep covers just the out side of glow ring.Dont want the peep to be bigger to hard to line things up.
    Then i will line one pin or as many as i have with the target and the peep remains around the glow ring at all times, instead of trying to center the peep around each pin.And i shoot with both eye's open which makes doing it this way alot easier.
    im practicing the same method. Infact shooting with both eye's open will give a clearer picture of the target or animal. which i did the same when shooting shotgun.

perhaps i would need more practice to shot instinctively for the short range.