Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sight Pin setting

Post Thanks / Like

Nr sure I understand the problem. Is it that you can't shoot shorter distances because you can't move the pin up far enough? Or do you run out of adjustment for the longer distances? If it's the former and you can't move the peep down then maybe shortening the draw length of the bow a little will help. If touching your string to your nose this would allow you to raise your anchor and move the peep down a bit. It doesn't sound like you need much.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

2x with what barry says. If your draw is too long, your peep will feel natural higher. I would shorten your draw moduals, or module, and add a twist to your string, and mov your peep down just a bit. Less than 1/4 inch should easily take care of the problem.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daiwateampenn View Post
    or just shot little lower by instinct.
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Nr sure I understand the problem. Is it that you can't shoot shorter distances because you can't move the pin up far enough? Or do you run out of adjustment for the longer distances? If it's the former and you can't move the peep down then maybe shortening the draw length of the bow a little will help. If touching your string to your nose this would allow you to raise your anchor and move the peep down a bit. It doesn't sound like you need much.
    He can't shoot less than 25 yards because the sight can't go any higher.

X3 To what Barry said.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Yes.
    He can't shoot less than 25 yards because the sight can't go any higher.

X3 To what Barry said.

A.S
    Then that being said I stand by my theory that he's shooting a short bow with an acute string angle and his peep needs to be moved down the string and possible adjustments to the bow's draw length as I previously suggested. If he can get 25 yards now then peep movement should not need to be more than about 1/4". Maybe it's just a matter of anchoring up a little tighter to do this. I mean, there's only about 3" difference between 20 and 25 yards. If he can get 20 yards on the sight there should not be any need to adjust for shorter distances. There's only about 1" difference between 10 and 20.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

can you post a picture of your sight on the bow? I'm having a hard time visualizing the issue.
    I have run into the issue of running out of downward gang adjustment and had to raise the peep and lower my anchor point. POI was low and could not move the pins as a gang or individually enough down.
    gang down and or peep up, POI moves up
    gang up and or peep down, POI moves down

I have also had to scrap the entire set up as tune was good with a high nock point causing a lower POI way outside sight adjustment range unless changed my anchor to below my chin and peep way up.
    This happened with an extremely unbalanced tiller, two full limb bolt turns, while playing with the different feels of different set ups.
    it can get confusing without pictures.
    KE sells Bows, Momentum kills Game
    2011 Silencer M-16
    2010 Bengal M-85
    1997 Jaguar M-63

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Then that being said I stand by my theory that he's shooting a short bow with an acute string angle and his peep needs to be moved down the string and possible adjustments to the bow's draw length as I previously suggested. If he can get 25 yards now then peep movement should not need to be more than about 1/4". Maybe it's just a matter of anchoring up a little tighter to do this. I mean, there's only about 3" difference between 20 and 25 yards. If he can get 20 yards on the sight there should not be any need to adjust for shorter distances. There's only about 1" difference between 10 and 20.
    I definitely agree. A half-inch shorter DL adjustment and a slight peep adjustment would probably solve the problem.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

- Check cam timing and tiller
    - Rest height, nock height and peep height all go together. Lower the rest precisely a snitch and then lower the nock precisely a sliver and then lower the peep exactly a bit. Give or take a little.........

Post Thanks / Like

Dont feel bad lol, i start at 20 yards then skip to 40 yards, no room for a 30 yard pin then it goes 50,60,70,80 on my sword sight. I have the sword twilight and when i bought the bow off at the guy put a 6th pin on itso instead of a 5 pin sight its now a 6 pin sight. As for shooting under 20 i hold my 20 pin about 2 inches below the target.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

My hunting setups are at 25-35-45-55-65.
    A shot at 20yds will only hit 1/2-3/4" high.
    If I ever did get a shot closer than 20 I would just hold right tight on the heart.

Post Thanks / Like

i had short draw length at 27. My string wouldnt touch my nose. Infact i shot 15yard - 20yard just off the top pin. The gap just like the first n 2nd pin gap. So, nt so bad.

Thanks all for the advice n comment.

Nt only me cant sight in for shorter range huh...