Thread: Noticed a little I mean little chip on my bottom limb??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Noticed a little I mean little chip on my bottom limb??

I was out shooting and one of my bowjax started to come off. So I peeled it off and noticed a very small clip or flick off the limb camo coating. It appears to be less then a 1/16th of a inch deep. Should I be concerned? I feel like it should be ok. but dont want to have a bow explode on me. Thanks will try and take a pic as soon as I can get some time.

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen these before , Some times a bow can get banged into the edge on a tree stand etc. and do this..You will want to watch it as it can start to splinter off down the side of the limb ..But, I would not worry to much about it exploding all at once ...In fact, I had one like this and put a little super glue there and kept shooting it ..However, I am not recomending that ,,I am just saying that is what I did..

Come to think of it, for your own piece of mind take to a bow shop and let them look at it and see what they say...

Post Thanks / Like

well its on the belly of the limb not the side. right at the junction on the limb were it starts to thicker before the limb fork.

Post Thanks / Like

I would do as suggested and have a shop look at it. It could be a splinter of the glass or it may just be a piece of the camo dip that peeled off. Either way, a shop should be able to tell you. If it's a piece of the glass it may just be covered by the warranty.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver