Thread: New arrow Selection

Post Thanks / Like

Default New arrow Selection

Hello everyone,

Recently got a new bow. The Martin Scepter V pro, got the 50# limbs currently tested at 53.4#@29.5 draw lenght. I am currently in the process of selecting new arrows and was wondering about the lenght I should have them cut at. My old arrows were much longer due to the position of the rest making them 31". I finger release with a quicktune 750 BTW. Now with the current possition my arrows extend about 3" beyond the rest. I know they should be a bit longer but I figure 3" is a bit much. If I cut them at my bows draw lenght they would end up extending about 1.5" beyond the rest point and would save a bit of weight, adding a bit of speed (not a speed freak really so...). Is that sufficient or should I go 2" and make sure I have enough clearance should I ever choose to use broadheads. I don't hunt at the moment but it's something I am considering doing in the future.

Much appreacited.

Post Thanks / Like

I have my arrows a 1/4" pasted the end of the rest
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 29" dl and my arrows are cut at 28-1/2" and the end of the arrow is just north of center of shelf.BH clear no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what my arrow looks like when it's at full draw on my Scepter V. From the groove of the nock to the end of the carbon is 28.75 inches long. It's the same arrow I use on my Nemesis too. I found that this length shoots best for me. Remember, you can always start out long and cut the arrow shorter as needed depending on the insert glue you use.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies gents. From what I gather from all 3 is that it's a personal choice, I think I'll take DoubleS's wisdom to heart and go the 2" longer and if I find it's too much, shorten it out to my liking.

have a good shoot all !
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"