Default Will it work?

Will it work?
    What do you think?

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it will work If you go back and look at my thread (well) I bent a rod to look like that it works great
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

I think most of my trouble with cable slides/rod has been clearence problems with blazers vanes as they are Short but,tall I am swicthing to some that are a little longer and shorter ..However, this could sure help take some side pressure off cat/Hibrix cams ...

Post Thanks / Like

You bet it works and works great. This item is functionally the same as my home-made TRG and slide. I simply used a straight 3/8" aluminum rod and bent it in a couple of areas to duplicate the angle of the Martin TRG in the rear portion of the rod for my cable slide to operate in. I also used a Saunders Hyper-Glide slide as it moves on the rod smoother than even a teflon slide. This ArcTec device does have the advantage of being adjustable, which mine isn't, but it also costs quite a lot more than the rod I started with. Mine did require some time and effort to make which also has to be taken into account. I have a photo in the Photos forum but here it is for you to see without switching threads/forums.

100_4067.jpg
    08/13 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67.5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

That is some nice work on the add ons ...Did you add a aluminum piece to your steel rod? if so, how did you do that..Thanks..

I have been thinking about removing the roller guard on my firecat and adding a rod,,but, there is no hole for one as the roller one is on there with two screws...

Post Thanks / Like

Martin has a bracket and rod that you can purchase to replace the ccs with.

The CPR set up does work - same as a tilt tamer but a lot cleaner setup.

Matt Brown at Bearfoot Archery also makes 'angled' rods that come with Bomar slides. (same deal as Rockyhud built)
    He builds them for quite a few different bows and will custom build one if you can give him the measurements you need.
    His standard ones are $28 with the slide.

You can also purchase the 'Super Slide' that Strother uses on their '12 models and just put it on the standard 3/8" rod on most bows.
    The only limitation to this is the travel back to front of the bow in question.

Post Thanks / Like

Really, Martin has a bracket and rod that you can purchase to replace the ccs with? Has any of you done this switch,,,? Is there any pics of one...? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The kit comes with the bracket-rod-slide-screws and nuts to install.

IMG_0893.JPGIMG_0894.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ftshooter View Post
    That is some nice work on the add ons ...Did you add a aluminum piece to your steel rod? if so, how did you do that..Thanks..

I have been thinking about removing the roller guard on my firecat and adding a rod,,but, there is no hole for one as the roller one is on there with two screws...
    FTS, I'm not quite sure what you mean, unless the different colors (brown/black "camo" and silver) are what you're referring to. The rod is all aluminum - I just painted the forward section with flat brown and black, to make it non-reflective. The end I left unpainted so the slide wouldn't have anything to interfere with it's movement. I also installed a Limbsaver Power Ring Cable Guard Rod Dampener near the first bend toward the riser. The photo of the riser's center section from the side shows the cable rod and slide with less "clutter" in the view.

Spiker's reference to bent rods available from Bearfoot Archery sounds like that maybe a good alternative for those who don't want to experiment and make their own. Has anyone installed the Martin bracket and rod kit to replace the CCS? Nifty idea, but looking at it makes me wonder if it displaces the cable rod (and cables) further away from the riser than what the CCS or does, or for that matter, a bow made to use a "standard" round rod and slide. If so, it seems that would, or could, induce more cam lean and limb twist at rest.

100_4069-cropped.jpg
    08/13 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67.5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Actually when it is mounted on the bow it holds the cables just a bit closer to the centerline, not farther away.
    At least on the Alien X and Z. I never tried it on any other models.
    Personally I like the ccs so have left the 4 bows I have with them as-is.