Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will it work?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for clarifying that point. Could help others who are considering replacement of their CCS on bows that have them.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, Rockyhud,,It's just paint LOL...It looked to me like metal that was heated up on bends ..So, I was thinking you added the end piece of aluminum to the rod..

Post Thanks / Like

Spiker,,Thanks, for the pics ,,,Really the only reason I would do this were if there was less side pressure on the cams/cam lean ...I have a 2010 Fire cat TR2 with roller guard,Power tuff limbs..Shoots fine like it is...There is very little cam lean...Do you guys think there is a lot of benefits for the change? Thanks..

Post Thanks / Like

Anything that will reduce or remove cam lean is a benefit to you. Reduces nock travel, the single reason I shoot X rigged bows, well that and they are very easy to tune.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still getting back into shooting my bow after rotator cuff surgery last Nov, but as I recall from shooting with my "bent rod" setup before then, I did notice some improvement in grouping/accuracy, especially at longer distances. Where these type devices help most is at full draw as they allow the cables to run almost a straight line between the cams during the time when the cables have more tension than does the shooting string. Consequently there's less side-to-side torque on the limb tips and less torque applied to the riser as well. As the string is released there's a transition of less tension on the cables and more on the string as the string comes back to brace position. Besides moving the cables back to clear the path for the fletchings, the angled rod end helps with this transition as well as allowing the cables to move forward and backward as the cams roll over and limbs deflect. As the owner of Tilt-Tamer says on his website, you will need to move your front sight aperture in toward the riser after installing his (or similar) device as a result of the reduced riser torque. This change also affects lateral nock travel some since the cams and limb tips aren't shifting around as much. All in all, a good thing and one that I don't plan on changing or removing from my bow.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)