Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Archery in 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Archery in 2013

Look up this thread on AT. I've known about this for some time now--about 6 weeks. Obviouly I kept my mouth shut as I was supposed to. I know a little more than what was posted on AT, but again, am not in a position to divulge the information.

The point of this thread is to get some suggestions to improve their line of bows and quality. Hopefully somebody at Martin will read and take into account what their customers would like to see in the way of improvements. Bear in mind that only constructive ideas (not gripes) will be accepted and no bashing, please. I would like to start:

More attention to detail concerning cams and modules needs to be implemented. All areas such as string/cable grooves should be chamfered or rounded to eliminate abrading of string/cable servings. This bit of machining would save the company money replacing strings/cables from excessive wear and make customers very happy.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

This might seem petty but i would like to see all the little stickers on the bows right side up,on my bow example ccs sticker is upside down,roto cup is off too.
    Ive seen a firehawk for sale in AT classifieds it has the limb with fire hawk on top and martin limb on bottom,my bow is opposite.More attention to detail especially for a bow that cost over $500.00 at the time.......ok other than that im pretty satisified.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I am a very happy owner of a Scepter V pro, the bow shoots great, quiet, shock free right out of the box.

My only negative point is that the cable rod is a bit in the way when I draw the bow. The reason being that I shoot fingers. I have enough experience doing so that adding a bit of index to my draw while having started the draw adds no tortion to the string but I can see less experienced finger shooters having this issue. Not sure how this would affect the whole balance of the mechanics but having the rod come out an inch higher or 2 would give finger shooters a comfortable clearance.

For me it's a minor issue that simply changes my draw style from what it used to be on my cougar but considering that finger shooters tend to look for a longer ATA on their bows, the Scepter V is a likely choice for them.

This certainly wouldn't hinder a trigger release set up.

Also but this is minor is the finish I chose, black carbon, seems to chip easy. Takes nothing out of the strenght and accuracy of this platform and I'm not big on looks but I've seen others mention this on the forum so I thouhgt I'd bring it up. Mine had 2 small chips on the upper right side of the riser when I took it out of the box.

I've tried many models from different manufacturers over the years and this is by far the smoothest, most accurate and comfortable bow I've had the pleasure of using.

Cheers!
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously every succesful company works on inproving their QC. My personal opinion is that Martin needs to tone down on some of the not-so-innovative gizmos such as last years TRG?SOS. And keep producing a working mans/womans bow that works like it's supposed to and does not break the bank. It's tough in the competitive business culture we have created where every one needs the newest flamethrower. And a two year old bow is dead. Archery is too much fun to try and figure out the next step which will probably be rocket propelled arrows that break the speed of sound. Too many models compound any issues.

Post Thanks / Like

i will suggest that Martin should have a section in the webpages for detail information such as the types of limbs (with measurement of inch, width and flexi.. etc. etc.), and cams. It very hard to find any information about the Martin and Rytera limbs. (Sweating search online).

The Martin Online Store, especially for the international buyer, many parts of the bow is not listed for sale.
    We international buyer, would prefer to search online to get the item, where the nearest local pro shop is 1000 miles away.

Or maybe a idea for Aftermarket. E.g Hybrix Cam, same cam, with different color spec, so customer can buy to match their color ascend for the bow. E.g Nitrous Cam, with drilled holes for weight reduction, and metallic or pearl color paint. Its more like modification of car. where we put some cosmetic on the bow. hahaha just a suggestion

Martin and Rytera bow is definately have the appealing and good looking bow.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a link where Martin shows a poll that they are asking questions about their line up. What would excite you the most from Martin Archery for the 2013 bow line?

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

The attention to detail suggestion is a big one! Any part of the bow that comes into contact with the string/cables. Ive said this before, as petty as it may be Id like to see the quick disconnect thing go away! Put ah couple bushings in the riser and call it good!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    The attention to detail suggestion is a big one! Any part of the bow that comes into contact with the string/cables. Ive said this before, as petty as it may be Id like to see the quick disconnect thing go away! Put ah couple bushings in the riser and call it good!
    I do have to agree with this. Steel bushings are still the best option, IMO.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Cool change...

There is a lot that has nothing directly to do with the product.

Corporate Branding; why spin off a new brand while struggling to keep the parent brand relevant? Rytera? It just screams why! If there was a product group that needed its own identity it is the traditional bows with the obvious difference in customer base. What does a second brand of Compound Bows bring to the table besides splintering available R&D, Support, and promotional resources?

The product groupings and model maze does nothing but confuse the potential customer base. Names mean things. The word "pro" needs to be reserved for the pro line. "Silencer Pro" in the Gold Line makes no sense. When a model is named it needs to carry that name through its life and be dropped when the particular line of bows is dropped. The model name "Jaguar" has been applied to multiple compound and traditional bows, coming in and out of the product line over the years. It's like Ford introducing a pickup truck and calling it a "Mustang". Too much energy goes into branding to just purposely dilute it.

As a company grows and matures it must adapt to current market conditions. A company cannot "do it the way we have always done it" and maintain, or gain, market share. Change is good and change is necessary but change needs to be balanced, progressive, and follow consistent logical goals. Adaptive change is possible while maintaining the original Martin Company identity. It was product change and innovation which made what Martin is today and those same principals judiciously applied to its marketing plan will ensure Martin’s future.

I will admit to being overly sensitive to marketing but I've spent the better part of thirty years successfully marketing recreational products. It's a puzzle which starts with limited resources and ends with maximization of product sales expectations.
    Last edited by dugout; 06-15-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    KE sells Bows, Momentum kills Game
    2011 Silencer M-16
    2010 Bengal M-85
    1997 Jaguar M-63