Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Archery in 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin archery in 2013

I know the title to this thread is Martin archery in 2013 and what they can do to better improve their product. Everybody's going on and on about quality issues with their 2009, 2010 and 2011 bows. Those years were a low point for Martin archery and they certainly had more than their share of quality control issues, but, what about the 2012 bows? Martin has really stepped up to the plate this year. I have a wall full of Martin and Rytera bows in my bow shop and I would defy anybody to find any flaws on any of them. Every bow that has come in to my shop has been looked over, they all passed the test and then some. My customers are very happy with their purchases as well. As with any product there's always room for improvement but so far, 2012 is been a great year for Martin archery and I am proud to be a dealer for them.
    Pat Finney
    Prairie Archery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by themiddleman View Post
    I know the title to this thread is Martin archery in 2013 and what they can do to better improve their product. Everybody's going on and on about quality issues with their 2009, 2010 and 2011 bows. Those years were a low point for Martin archery and they certainly had more than their share of quality control issues, but, what about the 2012 bows? Martin has really stepped up to the plate this year. I have a wall full of Martin and Rytera bows in my bow shop and I would defy anybody to find any flaws on any of them. Every bow that has come in to my shop has been looked over, they all passed the test and then some. My customers are very happy with their purchases as well. As with any product there's always room for improvement but so far, 2012 is been a great year for Martin archery and I am proud to be a dealer for them.
    Pat Finney
    Prairie Archery
    Thats great to hear.. I had no experience to speak for 2012 so that is really good to hear someone say. Martin has my 2011 bow fixing it up right now.. You make me wish they would just replace it with a 2012 bow but my firecat 400 fixed up just right will be pretty sweet though. I never mean any harm in my comments. I am a Martin Guy through and through. Its just the nature of the thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Good post. And I'd like to remind guys that the purpose of this thread is not to list or complain about past problems, but what actions might be taken to improve them. I'm quite sure the company (especially Joel) is aware of past problems. Also, not looking for mass changes to the bows. Just what can be done to improve the overall quality (machining, finish, etc).

So far as I know they have been doing extensive testing the last few months trying to find out why the bows are noisy compared with other lines. The last I heard they may be making some prototypes with one piece risers although this has not shown to be a problem. They believe some of the noise is from the limbs so we may be looking at higher quality limbs in the future. As this issue is being addressed there is no reason to list it. 2013 might be a very good year.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Middleman makes some good points, and I'd venture to say that aside from the TRG/SOS, 2011 was a great year for Martin, and the beginning of their turn around in luck and design. With 2012 building on that success, Martin's future once again looks bright.

For 2013 I'd like to see bow that my daughter can hunt with (or rather would want to hunt with). I think the Exile would be a great bow for a 14/15 year old girl, especially with the new Fury cam. But when I take her to look at bows, she likes the ones built for women all dressed up for women. I can't say as I blame her, and it seems that everyone else has at least one bow in their arsenal aimed at that genre.

Also, even though I know there are those that believe Martin should keep with tried and true (rod and slide), I think that Martin was onto something with the TRG. But it was poorly implemented. Remember, Martin has always been on the forefront of innovation, and I think it's not only part of their history but in their genes!

Aside from the X cam shoot through system, cam lean hasn't been successfully dealt with. I like the bent rods that some on here have implemented on their own, and hope that Martin takes note. I myself will probably get a rod, bend it and pair it with my Saunders hyper-glide sometime in the near future... I think that if Martin implemented a similar setup it would be a successful venture.

Otherwise, I believe Martin should just keep on keeping on. 2011 and 2012 have been great years with new riser designs, new cam systems, new ideas and great bows. Keep 'em coming Martin! Good job!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see something in the 35-36" ATA range. I have owned probably 30 bows over the past 3 years and over half of them were Martin. My next bow will be a Martin and any bow after that will be. Nothing shoots like a Martin. Yes the dip could be better and a few other things, but then again the looks don't make it shoot better.

Post Thanks / Like

Build us finger shooters a bow with a 46" ATA, then Martin could blow Hoyt out of the water with an awsome finger bow.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Faster bows for the shorter draw length persons. More bows for the women and youth to keep the sport growing.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the sales reps. show up more than once or twice a year and are more than order takers .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmw View Post
    I hope the sales reps. show up more than once or twice a year and are more than order takers .
    What area of the country are you in and who is your sales rep?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Faster bows for the shorter draw length persons. More bows for the women and youth to keep the sport growing.

Hutch

i will second this, coz my draw length is short too.... hehehehe