Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Archery in 2013

Post Thanks / Like

How about a quality youth bow like bear, diamond, and others have. And how about an IBO rating that is true. Bought the bengal pro, sweet bow bow but slower than slow. Look at bowhunting magazines tests. There are bows rated slower that shoot faster. Love grips but the pleather is too thin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the-beagle View Post
    How about a quality youth bow like bear, diamond, and others have. And how about an IBO rating that is true. Bought the bengal pro, sweet bow bow but slower than slow. Look at bowhunting magazines tests. There are bows rated slower that shoot faster. Love grips but the pleather is too thin.
    I think what could be useful as far as some of the IBO concerns go is to continue to push forward with their social media efforts. I think having some "quick-tip" type videos for the bows/cams etc would go a long way. It would help the everyday people have a better understanding of how their bow/cam is supposed to work in order to get them 1 step closer to reaching it's full potential. A lot is going to be up to the archer in tuning and finalizing the tweaks, but I think someway they could discuss the product further. I've seen from some of the ATA videos the engineer/designer behind some of these seems to be pretty knowledgeable to come up with these things, just explain it a little more.

It is what it is, like it or not, we live in a speed world. Everyone is concerned about it one way or another. Yeah if you purchase a bow based on look, feel and potential velocity ... you would like it to do what is being stated.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

i would like to see a selection of target models and some more fancy colors.....carbon fiber and balck are getting old....red is to ordinary...how about some anodized colors

Post Thanks / Like

I have been real happy with martin that's why I shoot them but I guess there is always room for improvment. I think one thing I would like to see is martin at more shoots and some big name shooters shooting them lets get Reo Wild back that would be cool. I think martin's on the right track and have some great shooter's that did really well this year, I would love to give hoyt and mathews a run for there money because I shoot martins better than any other bow I have shot and martin has many records that will never be beat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdhj View Post
    i would like to see a selection of target models and some more fancy colors.....carbon fiber and balck are getting old....red is to ordinary...how about some anodized colors
    I agree. Now that the Scepter V is a one piece riser, there is no reason that it cannot be anodized again. Please bring out 4-5 different, vibrant target colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coastie hunter View Post
    I have been real happy with martin that's why I shoot them but I guess there is always room for improvment. I think one thing I would like to see is martin at more shoots and some big name shooters shooting them lets get Reo Wild back that would be cool. I think martin's on the right track and have some great shooter's that did really well this year, I would love to give hoyt and mathews a run for there money because I shoot martins better than any other bow I have shot and martin has many records that will never be beat.
    i think mathews, hoyt, and pse are paying a pile of money to the top shooters like Reo, Levi, et. al. tough to fight that. like they used to say in drag racing the thing that beats cubic inches is cubic money.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on the cam+module grooves eating away at the cables which should get attention. I had to sand mine down and put extra serving on to protect my cables. When is Martin releasing their new bows for 2013 (sorry if this has been asked and answered before). Thanks.
    May the love and grace of God help us not to miss our purpose in life.
    2011 Onza 3, 70# 27.75" APG camo
    2012 Cougar FC 70# 27.75" Carbon Black

Post Thanks / Like

I wounld like to see a better finsh on martin bow. I've been shooting archery for a long long time, and martin as the poorest finsh of any bow i ever had.Don't get me wrong I love my onza the best bow I have ever had.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the-beagle View Post
    Love grips but the pleather is too thin.
    Yeah, I found this to be true with my Onza 3, too. The leather tends to stretch in use. I had to retighten mine and cut extra stretched part out. Need to visit local leather dressmaker's and get a piece of better quality replacement leather for the grip.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Well this is what i have experienced with my onza, the modules/cam grooves were not shredding the serving until i sent it in to get warranted for my cam lean and cracked limbs, now it seems as though im getting very rapid serving wear on the strings and the grip gets kinda bunched up under the shelf and the engraved side plate fell out and i had to put it back in. Before i sent it in i dont know how it happened but i had very bad cam lean, very noticeable which is why i feel i had later gotten cracks in my limbs, My module screws were very tight and i could not get them unscrewed, Martins customer service came through though which is nice but since sending my onza back it has lost a lot of speed and my cam timing and bow specs are right on it is also a little louder but its is still not that loud. So in conclusion of my rant i feel martin will do just fine in 2013 if they pay attention to detail and form some sort of consistency to get every bow sent out as good as the last. I love their bows and am excited to go shopping in 2013
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)