Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Martin Archery in 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    To mount a CCs onto a riser the riser needs to have a slot machined into RH side of the riser (RH bow). The slot is approximately 1/8" deep and 3/4" wide. Also there are two hole drilled through the riser to bolt it down. If there is no such slot (I doubt it) then it won't fit.
    Pretty sure your right. It was a nice idea though. Whats with all the talk about limb issues with solid limbs? Is this an issue that still exists or did they fix the problem at some point?
    Martin Silencer,Nitrous cams, NAP Apache rest, Tru Glo sight
    Martin Speed Demon, Z Cams, NAP drop away rest, Extreme sight
    Gold Tip shafts, Twister vanes, NAP Shockwaves

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Martin remembers to make their bows user friendly for us guys that do our own work. The concept of not needing a bow press to work on your bow is a huge factor to figure in when buying a bow. Pro shops are a joke in my area and the nearest one is a 200+ round trip. If not I'll be shooting or buying 2012 bows instead of the newest and greatest.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a fan of split limb bows and really sad to see Martin going to them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

what is it about split limbs that has some against them.

Clearly they must be better, why else would Martin start incorporating them ?

I've more split limb bows than solid...by just a couple...lol

i've had no problems with them. It is my guess that they are stronger, maybe create more fps, & quieter!

The funny thing is whenever i brought my firecat or bengals in to my local shop just to shoot in his indoor range....he would always come over and grab my bow and fire a couple of shots and throughly inspect my limbs over and say that i'm getting lucky....
    Man that always had me feeling confident......................NOT!
    He would never inspect my Bear Instinct, Truth, truth 2 or my Strike now.....he would shoot them though.

Some of the Old martin die hards should embrace this change........i'm sure it's for the better. Something needed to change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by themiddleman View Post
    I don't know if all the 2013 models have gone away from the stabilizer quick disconnect and have gone back to steel inserts. But I do know that several have.
    I have heard alot of people saying stuff like this in this thread. Was there a problem with the QD?

I do know anytime you constantly remove and reinstall something from aluminum it wears faster than say steel. I am thinking of putting a stud in mine with a jam nut and getting a stabilizer with a female hole. That way the stress will not be on the riser every time i remove my stabilizer. I envision the QD eventually pulling through with enough times tightening down. Makes me nervous honestly but I cannot get my bow in the case with it on. I got to admit I get nervous every time I remove it.
    Martin Silencer,Nitrous cams, NAP Apache rest, Tru Glo sight
    Martin Speed Demon, Z Cams, NAP drop away rest, Extreme sight
    Gold Tip shafts, Twister vanes, NAP Shockwaves

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    what is it about split limbs that has some against them.

Clearly they must be better, why else would Martin start incorporating them ?

I've more split limb bows than solid...by just a couple...lol

i've had no problems with them. It is my guess that they are stronger, maybe create more fps, & quieter!

The funny thing is whenever i brought my firecat or bengals in to my local shop just to shoot in his indoor range....he would always come over and grab my bow and fire a couple of shots and throughly inspect my limbs over and say that i'm getting lucky....
    Man that always had me feeling confident......................NOT!
    He would never inspect my Bear Instinct, Truth, truth 2 or my Strike now.....he would shoot them though.

Some of the Old martin die hards should embrace this change........i'm sure it's for the better. Something needed to change.
    I think they will be just fine as long as the deflection # are the same.

Post Thanks / Like

i am thinking that the blade x4 may be my next bow. i love my threshold, deadly accurate and the price was amazing factory direct via amazon. if the blade x4 is better i caanot wait to see the price and start saving up. Good job Martin Archery. Thank you for the wonderful products!
    RobinHood.......some day....lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    I like the fact Martin is making a split limb bow but don't care for the shape of them. Looks like the limbs on Bears lower line bows. Bear went away from that design and in my opinion it was for the better. Not a Bear fan but I love the Anarchy. I think split limb bows are easier to draw and are quieter than a single limbed bow. I've owned 20 different bows in the last 5 years and the Guardian was hands down the quietest and I believe the limb design and shape had alot to do with it.
    Easier to draw? I think it is about the cams, not about the limbs being solid or split. My solid limb Onza 3 has a lot nicer draw than my previous Hoyt CRX 32 (split limb) which I Pretty much hated.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

really ready to gander over the new nemesis, love the old one too though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phantonza View Post
    easier to draw? I think it is about the cams, not about the limbs being solid or split. My solid limb onza 3 has a lot nicer draw than my previous hoyt crx 32 (split limb) which i pretty much hated.
    x2!
    May the love and grace of God help us not to miss our purpose in life.
    2011 Onza 3, 70# 27.75" APG camo
    2012 Cougar FC 70# 27.75" Carbon Black