Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Archery in 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    ok this speed thing is gonna bug me so I gotta put my 2 cents in. 335-345 IBO bow is fast,I don't care who you are. I don't know about some of you but I've drawn a few of the faster IBO bows and man it was like trying to pull a Mac truck. they have a harder draw that your shoulder won't appreciate, and a small brace height which is WAY less forgiving... just a thought.

Amen Brother......... I kill stuff with a hickory selfbow and wood arrows which probably isn't even at 140 FPS. In a compound I'll take smoothness/ease of draw over speed any day.

Post Thanks / Like

Speed just makes ya miss faster

Post Thanks / Like

Well martin, props to you as it doesnt look like anyone wants better strings from the factory. You guys really made a great leap there. Sad to see the alien z go, but on the good side you are offering a 35 in ata bow with the hybrix/cat/nitros. And after 3 model years ( my az is a 2010) my az isnt obsolete. and even better, there isnt any bow out there at any price id rather shoot!! Ive looked around and no one can offer anything better! Im still giddy when i look at and shoot my bow! Well done martin. As for 2013. If your qc has been straightened out your bows should sell like mad once any residual bad rep is shed. I personally had to refit my roto cups on my ax and az. Shouldnt have had to, but now iknow its done right. Btw. one of the things that influenced my decision to buy martin was they didnt have split limbs. I still dont like split limbs. Just sayin.

Justin
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone seen anything else new yet? Getting ancy to check them out ... have a feeling gonna get a big urge for a 2013 with Nitro cams.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I really dig the cut down look of the nitro cams this year might look at that nemesis 35 but that is the only bow i really am interested in at the moment.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

I like the fact Martin is making a split limb bow but don't care for the shape of them. Looks like the limbs on Bears lower line bows. Bear went away from that design and in my opinion it was for the better. Not a Bear fan but I love the Anarchy. I think split limb bows are easier to draw and are quieter than a single limbed bow. I've owned 20 different bows in the last 5 years and the Guardian was hands down the quietest and I believe the limb design and shape had alot to do with it.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by themiddleman View Post
    I know the title to this thread is Martin archery in 2013 and what they can do to better improve their product. Everybody's going on and on about quality issues with their 2009, 2010 and 2011 bows. Those years were a low point for Martin archery and they certainly had more than their share of quality control issues, but, what about the 2012 bows? Martin has really stepped up to the plate this year. I have a wall full of Martin and Rytera bows in my bow shop and I would defy anybody to find any flaws on any of them. Every bow that has come in to my shop has been looked over, they all passed the test and then some. My customers are very happy with their purchases as well. As with any product there's always room for improvement but so far, 2012 is been a great year for Martin archery and I am proud to be a dealer for them.
    Pat Finney
    Prairie Archery
    I have read posts on both forums and got to admit I wonder when is it gonna be my time for a problem with my 2012? I am sure glad I bought a bow from that year instead of buying a 2011 ect. I have had no problems with mine but I don't shoot like the rest of you do either. I shot the heck out of my new Martin this spring and early summer but since June have only shot about 10 arrows through it. So to say I have not had any problems is not anything to rely on. It is the guys who put thousands of arrows through their equipment that I listen to. That being said I love my Martin and am a devoted Martin customer since I purchased my other Martin Used in 2001. Never looked back. Go Martin and best of luck to you!!!
    Martin Silencer,Nitrous cams, NAP Apache rest, Tru Glo sight
    Martin Speed Demon, Z Cams, NAP drop away rest, Extreme sight
    Gold Tip shafts, Twister vanes, NAP Shockwaves

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know if those new roller cable guards can be purchased and bolted on my 2012 Silencer or are the risers holes machined differently?
    Martin Silencer,Nitrous cams, NAP Apache rest, Tru Glo sight
    Martin Speed Demon, Z Cams, NAP drop away rest, Extreme sight
    Gold Tip shafts, Twister vanes, NAP Shockwaves

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    I like the fact Martin is making a split limb bow but don't care for the shape of them. Looks like the limbs on Bears lower line bows. Bear went away from that design and in my opinion it was for the better. Not a Bear fan but I love the Anarchy. I think split limb bows are easier to draw and are quieter than a single limbed bow. I've owned 20 different bows in the last 5 years and the Guardian was hands down the quietest and I believe the limb design and shape had alot to do with it.

You may not like the shape of the Bear Split limbs, but i'm here to tell you that all the bear bows that i've owned....i have not had one limb issue...and that is with a couple of thousand shots thru them each. They shape them for a reason.
    Here is my list of bear split limb bow that i've owned
    instinct
    truth twice...
    truth 2 - 3 times now
    & now a Bear Strike...which turns out to be my favorite!!!!
    Not one problem with any of them.
    They have turned out to be right on IBO......smooth, super quiet!!!!!, vibe free, plenty of power!! Very accurate, especially the strike.
    This is just my opinion and experience.
    bear strike 009.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmwr View Post
    Anyone know if those new roller cable guards can be purchased and bolted on my 2012 Silencer or are the risers holes machined differently?
    To mount a CCs onto a riser the riser needs to have a slot machined into RH side of the riser (RH bow). The slot is approximately 1/8" deep and 3/4" wide. Also there are two hole drilled through the riser to bolt it down. If there is no such slot (I doubt it) then it won't fit.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver