Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Archery in 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All!

Ive been hearing and reading some intresting things about Martin/Rytera in 2013 most of which if true would be awsome! Im waiting with much anticipation as Im sure others are as well. Im without a Martin bow at the moment, not becuase of problems or disatisfaction, just that at this time various hobbies and buisness indeavors have taken me in a different direction. Im really looking forward to the ATA show this year and Ill be paying close attention to Rytera! Ive been doing some soul searching latley and to be very honest Im very close to hanging up my hunting gear and trading it all in for target gear. Im very unhappy with current changes pertaining to the archery season here in my state and view them as a deepening downward spiral that totaly go against why I became a bowhunter in the first place. Only time will tell but I wish everyone a happy and safe hunting season and to those who are allready successfull, congrats!!!!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

NEVER STOP HUNTING!!

Yes 2013 talks are starting to pop up and it has sounded interesting so far. Really looking forward to the direction Martin takes - I'm pretty excited to see what is coming and maybe get my hands on one.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default scepter V

I was checking out the scepter v yesterday I dont think I have ever seen a nicer target bow wow that thing is sweet.

I had the pleasure of testing one earlier in the year. Only problem I had was that I couldn't get it short enough for my draw length, but I can tell you it's one of the best shooting bows I've shot in many years. And by that I mean about 3 decades. I just wish Martin could have seen fit to make a smaller cam for it.
    Last edited by bfisher; 09-27-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

oh snap!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good to see an effort for improvement

x4 looks good!
    wonder what the price is....
    notice the 315fps.........15fps less than 2012 listings on say the bengal.....
    that's more in line to what it really is close to. That to me is a promising start!

is that a one piece riser on the x4................
    if the freaking limbs hold up, and the sound is diminished, and the speed is more accurate....i may just return to shooting a Martin next year. But my Bear is so accurate and forgiving and sneaky fast and quiet...it will be hard to change.

But i like what i'm seeing so far

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2013

I like the limbs,don't like the rollerguards.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

what's wrong with rollerguards.....?
    don't they help...?
    i liked it on my 09 bengal

Post Thanks / Like

I'll tell ya right now that I'll have an alien X and an alien Z listed in the classifieds soon and a 2013 alien X will be taking up their spot on the bow rack.!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    x4 looks good!
    wonder what the price is....
    notice the 315fps.........15fps less than 2012 listings on say the bengal.....
    that's more in line to what it really is close to. That to me is a promising start!

is that a one piece riser on the x4................
    if the freaking limbs hold up, and the sound is diminished, and the speed is more accurate....i may just return to shooting a Martin next year. But my Bear is so accurate and forgiving and sneaky fast and quiet...it will be hard to change.

But i like what i'm seeing so far
    I don't think it is a fair assessment to say the 2012 is that low ... something might not have been correct with yours. not gonna lie some of your stuff sounds kinda elitist in a way and this isn't to pick a fight, just saying. People are excited about these and you have comments about things that need to get fixed for you to return - think a lot of what you are saying is already there ... Glad you like your Bear