Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Archery in 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I see the STS seems to be designed for more adjustability. Looks like a mounting block similar to the original STS. Not so sure I'm in tune with the CCS roller system. My 2010 Alien Z has it and it pulls the cables too far to the side. Guess we'll see.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default sick bows

Wow! those are sick good job martin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I see the STS seems to be designed for more adjustability. Looks like a mounting block similar to the original STS. Not so sure I'm in tune with the CCS roller system. My 2010 Alien Z has it and it pulls the cables too far to the side. Guess we'll see.
    I agree not a big fan of the ccs,did you see pse flex cable slide for 2013 looks cool? I can't wait to get that pantera bfisher thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the flex options you see from some of the other manufacturers, but I've seen some guys say they place a small shim where the CCS mounts to kick out the front of it a little more so the back end comes in a little close not pulling the cables out too far.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Blade X4

say up to 315 IBO - this is with the Fury XT cam which makes me hope that isn't supposed to be the true rating out of it with the 2012 models as well.

Yes, I would say that was the IBO for 2012 as well. They seem to have been overrated by at least 5fps.

Post Thanks / Like

Nemesis 35

Say this will replace the current Nemesis model. Anyone else notice the difference in the cams? Looks like a new design for this year?
    Last edited by droppixel; 10-02-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin archery in 2013

I don't know if all the 2013 models have gone away from the stabilizer quick disconnect and have gone back to steel inserts. But I do know that several have.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Boy it would be nice to see them in person!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I like the flex options you see from some of the other manufacturers, but I've seen some guys say they place a small shim where the CCS mounts to kick out the front of it a little more so the back end comes in a little close not pulling the cables out too far.
    I did that with my Alien Z. Used a small 1/8" spacer. The angle changed called for me to ream the front hole in the riser and use a longer screw, but it did seem to help with both the cam lean and smooth out the draw cycle.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Nemesis 35

Say this will replace the current Nemesis model. Anyone else notice the difference in the cams? Looks like a new design for this year?
    I'd bet it's just more metal out of the center to lighten them up. From what I see of the pics it looks like the same module as the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by themiddleman View Post
    I don't know if all the 2013 models have gone away from the stabilizer quick disconnect and have gone back to steel inserts. But I do know that several have.
    I had heard they were going back to steel bushings for the stabilizer. It would be one of those OLD way of doing things that didn't need to be changed. Much better than the QD slot and/or a drilled and tapped hole in the riser

Quote Originally Posted by bcriner View Post
    Yes, I would say that was the IBO for 2012 as well. They seem to have been overrated by at least 5fps.
    The IBO for the XT cam was stated as 320-330 for 2012. For 2013 it's 315 which is a more realistic figure as few people could even get close to 320 let alone
    330. Frankly I would rather see the lower figure that is more honest rather than some high number that can't be achieved. Personally I'd like to see the ATA step in and do away with the IBO specs as they are. I'd rather see them require bows to be rated at specs that represent the average archer; 60#, 28" draw, and 350 grain arrow. That isn't going to happen any time soon though because nobody is going to accept lower speeds. Many are still wishing and hoping for 400 fps to be reached. They can't fathom dropping down to something closer to 300 again---God forbid we go backwards.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver