Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easton Carbon Injexion Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Easton Carbon Injexion Arrows

hello all this will be my first post, about 3m ago i bought a 2011 Martin Silencer, when i brought it home the ATA was long, so i twisted the cables and its now perfect. i shoot with a release, and with the limb bolts cranked and the added twists im pullin 69lbs, with a 30in draw. i was shooting GoldTip Velocity arrows with 125gr points 300 spine 30.75in about 430gr total, and spent hrs and hrs tuning shooting hundreds of shots, only to have my arrow flight aggrivate me enough to quit for the night. I followed the Easton guide and it really helped straighten out my arrow, i mean i would get one straight flier and then a few that would fishtail, i got it to a minimum but still i couldt figure it out, so i ruined 4 of my half dozen arrows hitting the nocks so i decided to buy new arrows, i read about the Micro OD carbon injexion arrows, kinda spendy. so i go them and had them cut to 30.5in for a total wieght of 445gr give take. and my first shot i was so happy with my setup, the arrow shot so straight, haha the only thing is that the micro diameter arrow made me have to change the nock point and sight elevation. they have a 330 spine and have 100gr points, I would recommend the buy if you can afford them, im not sure if the other arrows were the reason for the poor flight or form some of the time, but these new ones have made me enjoy my practice alot more and they are very accurate.
    This is my second martin bow, the first was a 2011 pantera that ended up with a cracked limb after about two weeks of owning it, but i gave martin another go and traded up to the silencer. i have the ripcord code red rest and a truglo micro adjust extreme 5pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

First off welcome to the forum, sometime you just fined that a differant arrow is all you need everyone is differant what works for one guy may not work for another
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the welcoming
    i have sat down many times looking at this forum getting ready to post questions about why my bow wasnt shooting up to par but it ended up that i was always pist cause i would make all these adjustments and shoot at least 50 shots a day making micro adjustments to no end and then wouldnt want to post anything haha
    would you say that the arrows that i chose are right for my setup? easton doesnt list my arrow length for the poundage of my bow, although it seems to work very well at this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chevy, glad to see you posting now. I thought maybe you got lost. Anyway, welcome to the forums.

You wrote a nice little review for a first post. Glad you like the Silencer and have it fianlly set up the way you like it. You did ask whether we think you fiannly have the right arrows. I would say that it's not importsant what we think or even what some computer program would suggest. The proof is always in the shooting. And if it's a hunting setup then shooting with your broadheads will be the final test.

I would have normally suggested a 300 spine for you, but using my own experience I've found that I can shoot a softer spine than normal with the Cat/Nitro cam system. I know why, but that's info for another discussion in the future. Anyway, I've never checked the actual spine of the Injection arrows so will accept your figure that yours spine at 330. Do you know that's almost 340? I'll just bet that you could have been shooting the Gold Tip in a 340 spine and got them to work. That's water under the dam though. You just enjoy what you have now.

Hope you stick around here and yak it up with the other guys. It's been a little slow lately, but any questions you may have or suggestions other may use are always welcome.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I went through a similair situation with my arrows,long story short mybow preferes 4" vanes over shorter ones......or it might be sycological who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're happy with the flight and they'll fly good with broadheads on 'em, they must be the right arrow for your setup. Welcome to the forum.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! Great first post, those Injexions are supposed to be pretty good from the reviews I've read. Tuning can be frustrating, that's for sure. All I can tell you is that sometimes it seems that the bow will choose the arrow it likes, and it may not be what we expected . Just as everyone else has said, as long as the bow is happy and shooting well, that's the important thing. Have a great day and good shooting!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i havent checked the broadheads yet, still gotta buy them, my wife already gave me looks for spending $95 on 6 arrows haha and with the deep six insert system that means new broadheads, another thing is after doing so superb 20yard shooting i walked out to 40, pulled the trigger, walked up to the target, and had become overjoyed raising my bow in the air with one hand!! DEAD CENTER i looked at my bow and said "Daaaangg killa" haha

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i was thinking about getting the alloy carbon injextions which cost a hek of a lot more than the regular carbons, but i let some people talk me out of it and at the time there were few reviews on them and there still are few reviews, the alloy carbons are just to freaking expensive. i wound up getting victory vap v1s but ive been replacing my strings and havent got to shoot them enough yet to know if i like them or not. it is good to finally see some positive output on the injexion arrows, ive never known easton to make crap and i loved their axis line of arrows. kudos to you brother

Post Thanks / Like

Chevy,

You take this for what it's worth. Don't know how long you've been shooting archery, but if not long then you will learn as you go. I have been shooting compounds for almost 40 years now, bowhunting just as long and have learned a few things alon the way.

I, for one, would not buy Injexion arrows. #1 they are very expensive. You can get arrows just as good for half the cost. These costs mount up over the years. #2. The inserts for them are a 6x40 thread so you have only one choice in broadheads. That would be the ones Easton markets for them. This severely limits what you can use and you have to pay whatever Easton wants for them. If their cost structure is anything like the shafts then you are getting raped badly.

I would suggest that the next time you pick arrows choose something that uses standard 8x32 threads so that you have many choices in broadheads and standard screw-in field points. SWhat is liable to happen and often does in the archery business is that because of the cost of Injexions and no choice in broadheads is that in a year or two they will no longer be available so you'll be stuck with arrows you can't get parts for (points, inserts, broadheads).

There are lots of arrows made that will do the same job. Easton makes their fair share of them, too.

This is in no way meant to criticize you for your choice. Just to educate you and maybe save you money in the long run. In the meantime enjoy what you have, and hope I didn't offend you.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver