Thread: a walk into the past

Post Thanks / Like

Default a walk into the past

Has I posted in a earlyer thread I got my son a bow that used to be mine after putting new string on it I took in out to get in close for him and wow I used to like this bow it felt let I went back 20 years in the feel of the bow and it only a 2005, have you got to shoot one of your old bow and what did you think
    Last edited by bfisher; 06-23-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

I've had similar experiences. Two years ago I gave one of my old Pearson bow to a teenager at our club. He's a good kid and his dad couldn't afford to buy him one. Well, I had this 2003 Pearson Freedom that had been hanging for over 5 years so I got it out, took it to the club, and changed mods, string and cable and set the thing up for him. Juat to go a little further I started to sight it in at 20 yards to make sure it was at least close for him.

Man, I want to say, that bow was a real shooter. Just as good as I remember it being. I almost hated to give it up, but being a Martin shooter I followed through.

I never received any money fom the lad, or did I expect it. What I did get was a card with the nicest Thankyou note I've ever received. And that was thanks enough.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    I used to like this bow it felt let I went back 20 years in the feel of the bow and it only a 2005, have you got to shoot one of your old bow and what did you think
    HOLD IT! LOL My bow is only two years newer! LOL Some of us only have one bow (unless I count my youth compound).

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I gave my 10 year old PSE Nova to my oldest brother, how just got the archery bug. I was showing him how to sight it in and I was getting givers remorse..oh well I have my Martin Saber and now an Onza.

Post Thanks / Like

Had the same feeling. Gave my son my favorite recurve , a Darton Fury, when my right shoulder was torn up. (Torn rotator cuff ) After my shoulder was repaired, I started shooting again, with a used Martin Slayer that I put into shooting condition with the help of this forum. But as I've mentioned before, I'm really more of a traditional archer, and I really missed that old recurve. Long story short, picked up an old Ben Pearson Cougar recurve in April, and hunted turkey season with it.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have my old compound bow any longer, but I get that feeling when I hunt with and shoot trap with my SxS I bought when I was 15.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    HOLD IT! LOL My bow is only two years newer! LOL Some of us only have one bow (unless I count my youth compound).

A.S
    Hey nothing wrong with an '07 - my Bengal is an '07
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

you mean your cheetah^^^ someone needs to take some of his bows hes loosing track of em all
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Hey nothing wrong with an '07 - my Bengal is an '07
    That's right, except I can't shoot it right now. Parts are on the way though.

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    you mean your cheetah^^^ someone needs to take some of his bows hes loosing track of em all
    I'll help! DP, just send me the one at the top of your sig. I only have one bow, so I need a "backup".
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com