Thread: Advice Needed for full draw

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice Needed for full draw

Hi Bro n Sis,

i need your advice for my bow at full draw.
    Pic is attached. and sorry for the top cam pic, wic is kinda blur, cant get my nephew to snap a good shot. hai!!!!
    Do you bro n sis think is the cable is flat enough to hit the mod?

Problem is
    i was wondering why my bow is still sound loud.

Advice and comment is most welcome, as i love to learn to improve myself and gain more knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like

all of my bows sound loud to me the shooter....have my wife stand down ahead of me and she says that they are fairly muffled. Try and have a video camera set up downrange and see if it picks up the noise. Im no expert but it looks good and in time.

Post Thanks / Like

You may have to find something else causing the noise. Your cams appear to in sync.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnordwell View Post
    all of my bows sound loud to me the shooter....have my wife stand down ahead of me and she says that they are fairly muffled. Try and have a video camera set up downrange and see if it picks up the noise. Im no expert but it looks good and in time.
    will try the video cam idea. hope it really muffled.

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    You may have to find something else causing the noise. Your cams appear to in sync.
    All asseccories and parts are tight, checked and checked. Cam bearing can cause loud bow?

String? i remove 2 twist from the cable. Do i need to untwist the string? i didnt untwist the string yet.
    Seem the sound come from the string itself. More like a whipping sound.

Post Thanks / Like

Not that my bow was all that loud but i put a limb saver replacement rubber on the sts and made a world of a difference.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have an STS on the bow? You can try moving it back and forth. Recommended settin is a gap the thickness of a business card between the string and the rubber, but sometimes I set mine right against the string. Another quick way to tell if it's string related is just to cut a few rubber bands and tie them to the string like Cat Whiskers. If it ends up beng that you can just put a couple Lmbsaver string leeches in the string. They don't cost but 2 fps but work very well.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Not that my bow was all that loud but i put a limb saver replacement rubber on the sts and made a world of a difference.....
    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Do you have an STS on the bow? You can try moving it back and forth. Recommended settin is a gap the thickness of a business card between the string and the rubber, but sometimes I set mine right against the string. Another quick way to tell if it's string related is just to cut a few rubber bands and tie them to the string like Cat Whiskers. If it ends up beng that you can just put a couple Lmbsaver string leeches in the string. They don't cost but 2 fps but work very well.
    Did ever try with the sts rubber. Not much different. Do haf leech on the string.
    By the way, does leech haf life span? The leech on my string seem old. Perhaps is time to get replacement.

Will try on the rubber band idea.