Thread: 2008 Firecat ?

martinMaineEak

Question 2008 Firecat ?

Is there anyone outthere that has the new firecat and could tell me there
    thoughts on it? What are you getting for performance & shootability?

rick308

Quote Originally Posted by martinMaineEak View Post
    Is there anyone outthere that has the new firecat and could tell me there
    thoughts on it? What are you getting for performance & shootability?
    I will tell you from my experience this bow is not for a light weight. I'm 280lbs I'm a heavy wheel mechanic with lots of muscle and upper body strength. I let several people at work shoot my bow and out everyone I was the only one able to draw it at 70lbs I had to back it down to 55 for everyone else. The cam's are very aggressive but! if you have shot a Bowtech Tomkat with speed mod's which is much much slower than the cat ... the cat is easier to draw than the Tomkat with speed mod's.

I shot an arrow through a 2x4 at 10 yards with the bow set at 70lbs ... here is the post http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...hlight=firecat

One thing I think is a plus even if you can't draw it at 70lbs it's amazingly lethal at 55lbs way more power than the average single cam bow even with the draw weight at 55lbs.

I hope this helps.

flytier17

Yeah, but anybody not familiar shooting bows can't draw much.

Heck, I'm a 17 year old, and I shot a Firecat at 72 at the proshop.

dbd870

You're just going to have to try it for yourself. I didn't care for it - but that doesn't mean much.

steve hilliard

depending on cam rotation, the Firecat is one sweet shooter. The cams like to be wrapped up, Adjust the cams to over rotate a little from were you have it out of the box and its really smooth. Even out of the box its smoother than anyother Binary or Hybrid cam

1A12

I bought one and love it. I like the way it draws kinda wierd at first but now I like it. Im shooting it at 65# and I have no problem with it. I added a 8" stabilizer to it. That should do the trick for after the shot. Im also shooting a 469grain arrow at 261fps. 28.5 dl 65# with string leeches on

Elk4me

I just love mine. Been shooting it for about 2 months now and it is a very fast smooth shooting bow. I am shooting 62# DW at 27.5" DL and using a Easton Redline 410 353 gr arrow and shooting 276FPS. I like the CAT Cams alot better than the old Nitrious cams.