Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enough allready!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Enough allready!

As I write this its 103 degrees outside, went to a 3D shoot last weekend and by 9:30 it was 84. I live in the southern most part of the midwest, along the Ohio river across from Louisville Ky. Anyone thats from here is used to the "air you can wear", but for the last 3 years its a new ballgame.........its right down brutal! I ride a Harley to work most of the time, weather permiting as I did today. When I left this morning it was a cool 60 degrees, my return trip this evening was blazing hot........heat coming off the city streets and interstate allmost took your breath. Im pretty much done with 3D until it cools some..................practice isnt even fun now. Soooooooooooo......I guess what Im saying is Im going into hibernation until this breaks or fall gets here! Im thinking about moving to maybe the upper west coast......I hear they have some rain out there!!..............
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

You might consider Walla Walla. From what I understand Martin is looking for good help. LOL.

Seriously, I know what you are saying. We've had a few days in the low to mid 90's, but nothing like 103*. When you humidity gets up there it can be downright miserable. Add to that 3D shoots in dense woods where no air can blow through and it gets unbearable.

I do have the Susquehana river close by and a few creeks where the bass fishing is good. I Put on an old pair of swimming trunks and felt bottom boots, wad the stream and have fun with the fish. Usually no more than waist deep in water it still has a coling effect. My wif can't see how I can stand it without shade for up to seven hours at a time. It's easy, if I get hot I just sit down. Then there are times when I can find a rock (lots of rocks) to stash my gear on and just lounge in the water for a while.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

It's brutal right now here in IL too ... it gets pretty nasty. I try to get out and shoot a few arrows after 8 or so just before the sun goes down to avoid the heat a little. What worries me is if the rest of the summer is like it was last ... October and November are going to be a lot warmer than I'd like. No joke, we didn't get to hunt snow until the last weekend of the season where I live. It was that mild.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

109 here in behind the Cabela's in Texas. My ac has not stopped running for days.

Post Thanks / Like

It's supposed to be 91 here tomorrow....STEAMIN'

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

100+ all this week here in Kansas. They are calling for another 3-4 weeks of it before we get below upper 90's for highs. Not a drop of rain in sight for another 3 weeks or so either. God I hate working outdoors sometimes. Nothing like coming home from working outside, then going to work outside mowing, etc. lol I guess on the bright side, it's usually only 95 or so around 7-8 pm. and the humidity is down around 35-40% by then. lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Hit 98 today in lower michigan just to add to it im a cook and in my kitchen it was 130 or so. try doing that for 50 hours a week. cant wait till i finish schooling and can find a real job.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

I wish we are lucky to get 2 days of sun here in the pacific northwest. hottest day of summer so far has been like 73....lol
    RobinHood.......some day....lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamClark View Post
    I wish we are lucky to get 2 days of sun here in the pacific northwest. hottest day of summer so far has been like 73....lol
    Sounds yummy.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I here ya, I live just south of Columbus and get to look forward to going into work on second shift and running 750 degree bartons. Gator Aide is my friend.