Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gotta Vent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gotta Vent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now as you know i like my Martin bows,with such a great piece of equipment why the heck do they use those cheap cable slides!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im out shootin this evening and nailin the x like a pro then i look to admire my bow and what do i see,my string has strands tore up,brand new hammer heads too. I look closer and see it's the cable slide,never thought about it being a problem.Do a little search and see im not alone.Well anyway i had a hoyt slide it has rounded edges so its very smooth,just hope it;s not to late on the string.Ok im done...........
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 06-30-2012 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Swearing

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to here that but it's the first thing I change out the nap's are really good slides
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Does it matter if you replace it with a straight slide or a dog earred? I just got an Onza and dont wont to have to waste the string right off the bat. I have not had any problems with my Martin Saber.

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks SK.Heard the Hoyt ones are a good slide.Been itching to buy a Saunders to put on my FC,heard good things about them too.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

I replaced the slide on my Cheetah with a Saunders. I can honestly say I have ZERO complaints. Smooth, quiet, and frees up drag that others have.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

......Man that sucks, Im like many others and I change mine as soon as I get the bow. Ive got a Limbsaver teflon on my Pantera and a Saunders Hyperglide on my Onza. I also keep plenty of teflon string and cable wax on it also.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Now as you know i like my Martin bows,with such a great piece of equipment why the heck do they use those cheap cable slides!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im out shootin this evening and nailin the x like a pro then i look to admire my bow and what do i see,my string has strands tore up,brand new hammer heads too. I look closer and see it's the cable slide,never thought about it being a problem.Do a little search and see im not alone.Well anyway i had a hoyt slide it has rounded edges so its very smooth,just hope it;s not to late on the string.Ok im done...........
    Which slide are you talking about? The gray one or the white one?
    KE sells Bows, Momentum kills Game
    2011 Silencer M-16
    2010 Bengal M-85
    1997 Jaguar M-63

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dugout View Post
    Which slide are you talking about? The gray one or the white one?
    The little dark grey one,feels like plastic..........If i had white one i wouldnt be venting.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    The little dark grey one,feels like plastic..........If i had white one i wouldnt be venting.........
    I lost a set of strings to the gray teflon one on the Bengal, too, but I thought it was the better of the two slides and an upgrade from the white one?
    KE sells Bows, Momentum kills Game
    2011 Silencer M-16
    2010 Bengal M-85
    1997 Jaguar M-63

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dugout View Post
    I lost a set of strings to the gray teflon one on the Bengal, too, but I thought it was the better of the two slides and an upgrade from the white one?
    Only bad thing about all this is i called dicks and they dont change strings,safety issue they say and i dont have any dealers close to me.The one i got my firehawk from dropped martin also.
    Dicks said send the bow back and they will send me a new one but im not going to do that.Im satisfied with the bow just need a string and teflon cable guide.
    Martin said i need to send parts in first then they will send new string back ,so i guess ill be shootin firehawk for awhile.........
    Last edited by Speedykills; 07-02-2012 at 04:48 PM.