Thread: How do you know when it's time?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you know when it's time?

...How do you know when it's time to part ways with on of your buddies (bows)?? I'm at a point where I feel like I need to trim it down a little due to not shooting all 3 of them regularly. My Brother has shown interest in shooting my Cheetah on loan for the season so he can get a feel for shooting/hunting before he fully commits to buying a bow and right now I shoot the Bengal a heck of a lot more and better than I have ever shot the Alien.

The Alien is who I am considering moving on to a new home, love the bow and it has been a treat to own - but when this Bengal arrived ... it was like heaven on earth ... sorry for the ubercheese, but this bow is just that good in my opinion.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

for me i'm a one bow guy I tryed haveing more than one and it ends up only shooting the one, I shoot 3d, hunt and 600 rounds with the same bow, it's more a personally thing if you fill your ok with down sizing
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a lot like that. I get a new bow, usually a different model and the old ones rarely get shot again. I've trimmed my stable down to three. I just got my red Nemisis and this will be my primary bow. Then there's last year's Black Nemisis which I'll keep for back up and just plain tinkering with. The 2010 Alien Z I have to keep just to shoot once in a while to remind me that the longer a2a bows really are a more stable shooting machine.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Been a one bow guy since I started archery. The only reason I would own another is to have a back up bow. Unless I started shooting target, but that is a different story.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on the other end of the arrow.
    I have 9 bows, my wife has 4 and my son has 1.
    I shoot 5 of mine almost everyday. A different one each day and sometimes one in the
    morning then a different one in the evening.

Post Thanks / Like

It's rough, I bought the Alien literally the week of or before they announced the Bengal contest ... I almost bought a Bengal flat out instead of the Alien in addition to a few others, but felt like I got a really good deal with the Alien, so I went after it. Hind-sight always being 20/20 - I probably could and should have held off on buying another bow since there wasn't really anything wrong with my Cheetah, I just had that itch for something newer.

Fast forward to the video contest - I was dead set on winning that thing because I loved the Bengal from the get go and sure enough I did ... and then I was like "ok, now what?? I got 3 bows ..." Once the Bengal arrived and I got it all set up and started shooting, I knew right away that was the bow I was going to be taking with me this fall. I still get out and shoot the Alien a little here and there, but a majority of my time has been with the Bengal since I want to have everything perfect and know it like the back of my hand so when the time comes to make a shot, it's second nature and the comfort level is there. Can I go back and forth btw the 2 - yeah probably, but when I have one that I like so much - it's hard to put it down for the other lol ....

SO long story short, might have my Alien up for sale if anyone is interested.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    SO long story short, might have my Alien up for sale if anyone is interested.
    I would think about it but problem is you shoot from the wrong side of the bow.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com