Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you know when it's time?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a right brainer ....

"Unpossible"

2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I can agree with all the comments on this from both sides. I still have my Guardian and loved that bow's characteristics and fit. I've shot it 6 times since I bought my Firecat 360. One day I want to sell it, the next I don't. It fits my hand so nice compared to the 360's narrow grip but the draw that use to be so smooth is shattered by the 360. Then theres my obsession with the Oneida Black Eagle's. I love them because they are so different, the smoothest drawing bow BAR NONE, and easy to hold, very accurate, but they are a little loud on the shot. I buy one, put alot into it trying to get it as quiet as possible, get mad and sell it & instantly regret it (done it 4 times).
    At this time I am looking at getting a new, 2011 Ridge Hunter. Almost identical to my 360 and I ask myself why? With all my ramblin, I'm going to say whatever you feel comfortable with for a limit. For me, I think the lucky number will be two, just don't know what number two will be. My Firecat will be #1 for a long time to come.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Ever since i got my onza the cheetah is old news lol. in my opinion the keys to becoming as good as a shot as you can be is getting to know your equipment. its easier to get to know one bow then two, three, four etc. but thats my opinion so only you know when its time to part ways with one of your bows not me lol.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Couple years ago I had one bow,month before season opener and the limb cracked,so I scrambled to get a new bow,get it set up and get the feeling for it.So now I have my main hunting bow,and back-up.This past week picked up another bow which will mainly for shooting in the yard.I will never be a one bow guy
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

I like to have a plan B, if I have any unforeseen issues arise I can always go to my trusty backup. I only keep 1 backup bow and it is ready to go at a moments notice. If your happy with your bengal and like your cheetah as your backup then it may be time to send the rytera to a new home. Just my opinion. Good luck with a hard decision.
    2011 silencer
    2008 trophy hunter

Post Thanks / Like

The time for me was 8:05 tonight. I was shooting the 360 & destroying apricots at 20 & 30 yards getting ready for deer season. I went in and got the Guardian, shot it once and didn't like anything about it. So, it's gonna find a new home & I'll replace it with another Martin of some kind.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

All good points! I'm the proud owner of (3) Martin bow that I call my girls. My daughter's really laugh at that, and really believes that I had the name of Pantera put on the saddle back grip. All three bows are a little different and I truly believe that it's really due to ATA. Fire Cat is fast, Onza is forgiving and the 2112 Pantera is dead nuts on. I will hunt deer with my Panters this year as most of the hunting will be spot and stock, Fire Cat 400 for Elk , tree stand and or blind. One of the Archery shops here in Flagstaff has a 2011 Fire cat 360 on sale for $399. I may be a four bow home.. When my wife looks at me and say's "really another one"... I stop and look at her shoes with the reply "only 12 months in and year", and shake my head....?????....
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Posted the X in the classifieds if anyone or anyone you know might be looking. Willing to wiggle more for Martin guys than over on AT ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Posted the X in the classifieds if anyone or anyone you know might be looking. Willing to wiggle more for Martin guys than over on AT ...
    Guess it is time hey DP
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post

Guess it is time hey DP
    Yeah, pretty much weighed the options. It's time, with as much as I shoot the Bengal - I'm not gonna have time to shoot the Alien as much, so time to let it go

I'll have another Rytera in the future I'm sure