Thread: 2012 Scepter V draw length????

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Scepter V draw length????

Got a 2012 Scepter V and having draw length isshues. I am nomaly 27 to 27.5 draw depends on the bow, but all of the Martins i've had I've been 27.
    With both Nitro 1.5 cams set to #1 which should be 26.5 inch I am still about 1 inch too long. Someone said to adjust the draw stop but there are no markings so I do not know where to adj. it too.
    Thanks,
    Notch

Post Thanks / Like

It's a little bit trial and error.
    If you have access to a draw board it is much easier as you can adjust the stop, then draw it back to see where the cam rotation is when the stop hits the limb.
    You want the stop to be placed in a position so the cables are just sitting in the flat part of the cam at full draw.
    This also gives you the maximun letoff.
    If you want a higher holding weight, move the stop very slightly so the cables are just short of bottoming out in the mod groove.
    To shorten the cam travel, move the stop in the direction the cam rotates, be aware a small movement of the stop has a big effect on the rotation.
    If you cannot use a draw board, you'll have to get someone to look at the cams whilst you draw the bow.

Kev
    2009 AlienX
    2009 AlienX (not a misprint, I have two)
    2010 AlienX
    I have other bows as well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 88notchback View Post
    Got a 2012 Scepter V and having draw length isshues. I am nomaly 27 to 27.5 draw depends on the bow, but all of the Martins i've had I've been 27.
    With both Nitro 1.5 cams set to #1 which should be 26.5 inch I am still about 1 inch too long. Someone said to adjust the draw stop but there are no markings so I do not know where to adj. it too.
    Thanks,
    Notch
    I had the same issue when setting one up for myself. It was a sales rep's sample bow and I borrowed it to see if I could get it to fit my draw length
    (26 3/4") before ordering one. I also had the mod set in the #1 hole and it was long. What I ended up doing was removing 4 twists from each cable and adding 6 twists to the string. After doing this I put it on my draw board and measured it at 27 1/4".

It didn't surprise me much because the bow still felt long to me. So my advice to you is to play with it like I did and you should be able to get it close. Also, you can play with the draw stop as Kevin discussed above. Between these two things you should make it shootable for yourself, but IMO the bow will not make it 26.5".

In my case I wanted a Scepter badly, but in no way will I compromise draw length so I didn't order the Scepter V. Instead I ordered a Nemisis. Already had a 2011 so knew exactly what to expect from it.

I know this isn't going to help for now, but never, ever accept factory specs as gospel in choosing a bow. If at all possible have one adjusted and measured so you know just what you are getting.
    Last edited by bfisher; 07-01-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scepter V Draw

Well that about sucks!
    I dont have a draw board or a bow press!
    Notch