Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got A Question.....

Post Thanks / Like

The reason I brought up the practicing with broadheads is because I'm always fiddling with feathers, weights etc.. But yes I see your point about the durability issue.
    Martin Jaguar #50
    GT Arrows
    Muzzy Phantoms
    Bowsight: Left Index Finger
    E.W. Bateman Cordovan Tab
    Barnett Jackal

The only failure that is disgraceful is the failure to try.

Post Thanks / Like

i bought the rinehart, i think its called the woodland buck, target. its advertised as being ok for broadheads, but since i don't hunt i can't attest to how it will hold up to broadheads. but its holding up very well to my field points. i like it because it holds up better than the cheapo deltas or mckenzies. in addition it does not have those nasty PLASTIC legs. dang i hated putting an arrow into those things.

the cons are its a fairly small target and the scoring area is done in "vitals" instead of scoring rings. its not consistent with the size of any of the targets we shoot on the asa/ibo tours.

Post Thanks / Like

I shot at one of those Rinehart round ground targets a friend of mine had once. Gave me the idea to shoot at an old soccer ball with those Tred Barta "Bunny Busters". That worked better than the blunts I make out of spent .38 SPL brass. Sucker rolls all over the field when you hit it. Pretty good rangefinding practice if you instinct shoot like I do.
    Martin Jaguar #50
    GT Arrows
    Muzzy Phantoms
    Bowsight: Left Index Finger
    E.W. Bateman Cordovan Tab
    Barnett Jackal

The only failure that is disgraceful is the failure to try.