Thread: NAP Big nasty broadhead with easton carbon injexion arrows reviewed and tested

Post Thanks / Like

Default NAP Big nasty broadhead with easton carbon injexion arrows reviewed and tested

Awhile ago I posted about eastons new carbon injexion arrows, they require special broadheads and points insterts etc. Deep Six they call it. I purchased the NAP big nasty 100gr fixed blade broadheads for them.and after paper tuning my 2011 silencer I tried out the flight of the broadheads. They fly straight and on target with field tips. To install the broadheads you select one of the three sized grommets for shaft diameter and slip that over the shaft then slip the broadhead over the shaft and screw it on. One of the benefits I liked about them is that they don't add but a 1/4 inch of length to the arrow they appear to have the three blades welded to the ferrule. On to shooting, in comparison to gold tip velocity arrows with Muzzy 125gr fixed 3 bladed broadheads, mind you the bow setup stayed the same and the Easton arrows are a little over 2.5gr heavier than the goldtips although the 25gr difference from the broadheads makes the wieghts very close. Carbon injexion is right haha these arrows and broadheads drove into my target far deeper than my other arrow combo I would say that I am very impressed with the overall setup. Though not cheep at $40 for 3 broadheads I do say I will definately buying another set for my other 3 arrows. I would bet on easy passbignasty.jpg throughs on big game

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good review. Very educational for me. Thankyou, but I still say too much money. But then I don't hunt any more so it doesn't affect me.

I think I do see one thing people need to think about and maybe you can answer this question. The heads slip up over the shaft, right? How far, because a persn wouldn't be able to shoot a shaft where the field points are close to the rest. How much longer does the shaft have to be?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Those look nasty,what a blood trail they would make....................

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Well in the instructions it says to cut your arrows an inch longer to compensate for the decrease I guess you'd say. The only thing I worry about is if I draw the bow with the rest Down the blades get pretty close to my finger. Here's a picture of the rest at full draw
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Good review. Looks like a pretty good combination overall. I shoot "micro-diameter" shafts as well, but mine are the Victory VAP's. They'll accept any head you want to use. I have to agree though, those small shafts REALLY out penetrate standard arrows in targets.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Those look pretty wicked I would have to say. I know that for me, my carbon express mayhem arrows were actually out-penetrated by some easton excel 400s by about 2 inches at the same range. They were lighter by 30 grains in total weight, but they are much more narrow with field points. The only thing I did find was with a broadhead, the mayhems went deeper because once the way was paved with the larger cut, the shaft size didn't matter. The tides turned with rage practice head on, and the carbon express went deeper than it did with a field point by 4 inches, and the eastons were reduced by 2 inches. I think at that point, the weight helps push through. Awesome review of that setup though! I know I could never throw those broadheads on my arrows. My arrows only go past my rest by about 7/8'' of an inch, so they'd pretty much be right in the rest. I expect a full review this fall what they do on critters!
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide