Thread: Got a tall friend, draw length suggestions please.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got a tall friend, draw length suggestions please.

Soooo first off, I have a friend that is about 6'5" but the problem lies in that he has the arm length of donkey kong. He really likes Martin, because his brother and I both shoot them and love them. I found his draw length to be about 31.5'' using a few different methods of measurement. I think if we get him a 31'' bow and have a good loop on it he should have enough length to be "right." If any of you have any insight for me then please chime in. The plan as of now is to get a Bengal Pro. He found that it goes up to 31'' and I kind of talked him into that bow because of all the features it has for such an awesome price. Ready to shoot for under $500 is a great starter bow I think. That is about all I have to say, thanks for reading!
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pizzadave View Post
    Soooo first off, I have a friend that is about 6'5" but the problem lies in that he has the arm length of donkey kong. He really likes Martin, because his brother and I both shoot them and love them. I found his draw length to be about 31.5'' using a few different methods of measurement. I think if we get him a 31'' bow and have a good loop on it he should have enough length to be "right." If any of you have any insight for me then please chime in. The plan as of now is to get a Bengal Pro. He found that it goes up to 31'' and I kind of talked him into that bow because of all the features it has for such an awesome price. Ready to shoot for under $500 is a great starter bow I think. That is about all I have to say, thanks for reading!
    It might work, but keep in mind that a loop doesn't change the DL, it changes the anchor point. If he can try it before he buys it that would be good.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I had a customer in several weeks ago that was very similar in size to your friend, he shot both the Bengal and Pantera, and found the Pantera to fit him quite a bit better. Even though the Bengal adjusted out to his draw length, he found the string angle to be too steep to find a comfortable anchor point. Someone that tall will normally find a longer A2A bow more comfortable to shoot and will be more consistant with it. I'm about 5'10 myself and have found that a bow in the 32-33 A2A range normally feels best and is more consistant for me to shoot. I think its normally best to try to find a bow thats appropriate in A2A length to a persons height and draw length.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

panatera (2012 that is ) is his answer. didnt shoot it (bass pro display), but i'm pretty certain it max adjusts to a little longer draw than the Accutrac cam versions of the earlier year panateras/etc . it should fit his size .

Post Thanks / Like

thank you guys for all of the replies.... He and I were both leaning towards the pantera too, so now I think that bow is the ticket. I am 6'2'' and shoot a cheetah, and love it. It sure does look goofy in my hands though! Something that short, with me just isn't right, but it fits me well, and I shoot damn good with it.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide