Thread: Practice yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Practice yesterday

I had a not so great day and a great day during my practice yesterday. On the not so great part the rubber tube on my peep let go. This event made me think what a bad day that would be if I were deer hunting. On the great side I had my 5 year old nephew with me, and I gave him a Bear Scout compound. To my surprise he could pull it back to full draw and hit my bag target from around 15 feet away. The smiles and the high fives were an all day occurrence. As he left here bow on shoulder he said he needed a suitcase like mine and he needs to practice everyday, looks like dad has his hands full.

Post Thanks / Like

Swap your peep out for a tubeless and not worry about it. Big fan of the G5 Meta. Very cool to hear about your nephew though, excited for when my bows start to show interest in shooting.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the peep suggestion, I'll check it out and have the tube one swapped out. You will have a great time with your boys shooting. I do think the Tiger would be easier to work with as it is a shoot through the riser. The hardest part for the little man was keeping the arrow on the rest, but he did get better by the end of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

x2 for the G5 Meta. I use the 1/4", and it is excellent.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just for info, if the peep won't stay straight without the tube, it is not the peep that causes rotation
    Be prepared to have to fit new strings and cables if the peep won't stay lined up once adjusted more than a couple of times.
    A custom set will work better than factory.

Kev
    2009 AlienX
    2009 AlienX (not a misprint, I have two)
    2010 AlienX
    I have other bows as well

Post Thanks / Like

Hi kev, funny you mentioned strings, as I have been shooting about everyday before and after work. With that being said I think new string and cables would be due before season begins, at least that thought has crossed my mind. Hey, on a side note I lived in Weeting for a few years back in the 80s. I think there is someone that hangs around here that makes good strings and cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Hi kev, funny you mentioned strings, as I have been shooting about everyday before and after work. With that being said I think new string and cables would be due before season begins, at least that thought has crossed my mind. Hey, on a side note I lived in Weeting for a few years back in the 80s. I think there is someone that hangs around here that makes good strings and cables.
    Yeah, there is, although he's getting old, just had a birthday yesterday, however he does have a son to help bail him out. Check out Hutch and Son string posts, he's a full time pest, err, poster here. See post# 4 above.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 07-05-2012 at 09:21 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Yeah, there is, although he's getting old, just had a birthday yesterday, however he does have a son to help bail him out. Check out Hutch and Son string posts, he's a full time pest, err, poster here. See post# 4 above.
    That's just mean.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com