Thread: My new OLD 20 Dollar bow!.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My new OLD 20 Dollar bow!.

Here's my new Old bow. I bought her yesterday at a Pawn Shop for 20 bucks. The limbs looked good so I bought it. I was looking for Old martins but they only had one and it was a newer bengal and was way overpriced. They had a old High Country bow for arounfd 45 bucks that looked great but it had a feather thin crack on the top limb coming from the bolt. So i didn't buy it. there was another one I was interested in but I never heard of the brand..white, black lightning...something to that effect. I might be going back to buy an old Longbow that wasn't warped. it didn't have a DW number on it so i held off on buying it for 35 bucks.

I hope these pics show up. My internet sucks right now and shuts down. I shot her a few times and stopped because it does need new strings. It diesn't have a serial number on it. I need to find more info on her when my interweb is back up to normal.

Post Thanks / Like

So getting bored with them martins...lol.....coulda bought beer with that money....................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    So getting bored with them martins...lol.....coulda bought beer with that money....................
    It was calling me out from the bow rack. I'm not a beer drinker but I could have bought a few packs of Diet Cherry Coke. But I'm staying to my diet. It makes a nice Wall hanger. My first compound was a pse bow. We like to frequent pawn shops that buy and sell Bows just to see if they have a Martin bow in. We always stop at yard sales too just to see if there's any Archery stuff up for sale.

Here's some more pics. I have respect for the guys and gals that shot these with fingers...I about pulled a couple finger nails out.

Post Thanks / Like

Loking at the riser I'd say it's from about 1980 or so. There's no extra clearance at the arrow pass area of the sight window. Also the riser is most likely cast. I'm guessing letoff to be 45% to 60%. These things make great bow fishing rigs.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Loking at the riser I'd say it's from about 1980 or so. There's no extra clearance at the arrow pass area of the sight window. Also the riser is most likely cast. I'm guessing letoff to be 45% to 60%. These things make great bow fishing rigs.
    Thanks for the info Barry. Thats a great idea too....Bowfishing bow!.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The string for that type of bow would be made out of D97 or b-55 bcy. It is a simple string and it is made different then a newer compound bow. Pretty much it is made in the traditional style of making a string. The material itself is as stretchy as can be.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

That thing reminds me of my b_ar whitetail 2 except mine has the two draw weight adjustment pulleys! Crazy how far compound bows have come!
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver

2010 Martin Bone Hunter
    QAD Ultra rest LD
    AXT Pro 30 3 pin sight
    Bow String Depot Custom String Set
    5" Octane Ultralite stabilizer
    Octane Deadlock Lite Quiver

Truball stinger release