Thread: Martin Silencer Cams 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Silencer Cams 2012

Got a dumb question, I will probably never do it but could you take the Furry cams off of a 2012 Silencer and put the Nitro cams on it. With new strings and cables of course. The only thing I can think of that could cause problems is limb deflection. So I guess my question is, is the limb deflection the same on both cams, and is there any other problems you would run in to that Iím not thinking about.

Post Thanks / Like

I have done a few things like that with Martins in the passed ...You will have a different brace height with different cams as well as strings and limbs ...What you can do is look to find a model close to your specs with the cams you want and go off that etc..But, I figgered out most of the time ...the cost of cams : strings ,cable ,limbs ,etc = just buying a new bow...But, it is kind of fun to put them together ..If a guy had extra limbs laying around and could build strings that would help a lot ...

Post Thanks / Like

Strings aren't a problem as i build strings in my shop. This bow comes out with ether cam so spec.s shouldn't be a problem ether. But limbs could be different depending on cams I not sure. If the limbs are the same then all the spec.s for the silencer with nitro cams should work I would think.

Post Thanks / Like

If you check the 2012 spec sheets on Martin's website it'll give you what you're looking for. According to the chart you'll lose 10# of draw weight changing from the Fury XT cam to the Nitro 2.0. It's all right there. If you use Nitro 1.5 cams then the draw weight will remain about the same.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Thanks I just didn't look down far enough.