Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got to finally shoot my new Cougar FC today!!!! Pics included...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got to finally shoot my new Cougar FC today!!!! Pics included...

Hi guys, been a while! They say all good things come to those who wait, and that nothing worth having ever comes easy. I am a walking testament to both of those statements. As some of you may remember, I was on here a few months ago looking for a dealer to check out the Martin bows. Long story short, after weeks of frustration I finally got my Martin! A big thank you to Greg over at Fishing and Hunting USA for the hook up. Great guy, and HOLY MOLY at the deal he gave me!

Took it to our local Bass Pro Shops here in Nashville this morning to have the guy set it up for me. I could tell he was looking down his nose at my Cougar as is typical in this part of the country if you're shooting anything other than a Mathews or Hoyt. Once we got on the range with it though his tune quickly changed. His exact words after I launched the first arrow was something close to "Holy S*** that thing is fast." He even asked if he could shoot it as he'd never shot a Martin before.

This bow is everything I've heard and read it was. Reedonkulously fast, super quiet, smooth draw, and unlike my Drenalin I sold, not a hint of vibration. It was so much fun to shoot that I almost forgot it was 103 outside today. Man I absolutely love this bow!

bow2.jpgbow1.jpg
    Last edited by Longshank; 07-06-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats,thats a fine looking bow...................

Post Thanks / Like

Thats cool congrats
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Sick man! Glad it finally worked out for ya. I'm in love with the Bengal - 2012 line is great!
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Congrads on the bow ...

I am going to admitt to some thing .Every now and then I leave the Martin farm . But, just for a ride around the block..For some reason I do a trading bow thing ...And I now have a different brand bow to play with ..However, So far I have never found one I like better then my Martins ..I have 2 Martins and now one limb saver Dz 32 it is ok ,,but, a little too heavy and the other M bows are way to top heavy for me ,,and there are others I have tried ...Really , I just enjoy shooting all the Martins I have had more then the rest...

It is one thing to make a kind of fast bow that wieghts a lot ...It is another , to make a fast light smooth draw bow that has no vibberation to it...and Martin does that at least the ones I have owned ..
    Last edited by ftshooter; 07-06-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats. I always wanted the fc bow. Too bad, my wife don allow me to get another bow at the moment.
    Ur purchase n review just make me itchy hand. Hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

NICE!!!!!!

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, nice looking bow.

Post Thanks / Like

That"s a good looking bow. I wish you the best with her. I get snickers when I bring my Martin or Rytera in to certain shops. That ones that can't deal with it don't get my money and i never return. I like the shops that have the "NO Hater Bow policy" I stay around that shop. They try to get me to drink their brand Kool aid but he doesn't work. I love my Martins but I do have other bows but I always pic the martin up first. MY first bow was a PSE. I have two PSE bows now, 1 Rytera and 1 Martin plus a 50 pound Browning Recurve bow in great condition that my father bought while he was in the Navy over in the great lakes. Now I'll looking for an inexpensive long bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats n the new toy!!! If ever u dont like it ,Ill send u my address