Thread: Fury X cam

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fury X cam

Legit question here.
    Talked the wife into trying a longer ata Martin today and it was the Silencer with the Fury X, right hand no less backed down to 38 pounds. Needless to say she was very surprised at how smooth the draw was and the solid back wall, she loved it after 10 shots. Here is my question. The internet is flooded with 2011 leftys, could I get her a 2011 and put the Fury X cam & idler on them? Seems to me it would work providing I use the appropriate string, ie : Silencer, Cougar/Firecat, or any Fury camed bow with the same ATA.

I also shot a right hand Pantera Mag and did not like the Fury cam vs the Acu-Trak on my 360. The Fury had a little too much "hump" for my liking. I just gotta say WOW on the easy adjustability of the Fury X, took them all of two minutes to get it from 70 to 38 and 26 to 28 on the draw length.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fury XT cam

It would cost you way more to by a leftover 2011 bow and then swap new fury XT cams plus strings and cables on to the 2011 riser then it would cost to just buy a new 2012 bow

joelc

Add $300 in parts charges to any 2011 Lefty you are looking at...is it worth it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    Add $300 in parts charges to any 2011 Lefty you are looking at...is it worth it?
    Touche! This is the crazy part about somethings, you are probably always better off putting a little extra in and getting a 2012 if you are in the position.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize a cam & Idler would cost that much. Swapping out the TRG is free and I know what strings cost.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    I didn't realize a cam & Idler would cost that much. Swapping out the TRG is free and I know what strings cost.
    Parts are always more expensive separately. If you consider there is probably just as much (if not more) machine work into a cam as there is a riser it makes a bit more sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Parts are always more expensive separately. If you consider there is probably just as much (if not more) machine work into a cam as there is a riser it makes a bit more sense.
    Yes, that definitely makes sense. There is a lot more fine machining on a cam then there is on most risers.
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 06-13-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Joel;

We had this conversation the other day on the phone. $300.00 for a cam set is nuts, parts price or not? What this says is, "we do not want to sell cams, you are stuck with what you have" or "buy a new bow if you want new cams". There is nothing wrong with a company taking this position but given the type of customer oriented company Martin Archery is, it appears inconsistent. The last time I priced a cam it was $66.00, from Mathews. The premium prices for Cams from Martin seems odd.
    KE sells Bows, Momentum kills Game
    2011 Silencer M-16
    2010 Bengal M-85
    1997 Jaguar M-63

Post Thanks / Like

Well the UPS guy came today.

Mama's new toy

A big thank you to Jim (Archerx7) at Advantage Archery. She is thrilled and happy to be shooting a "big boy" bow. She keeps looking at me all goofy & shaking her head on how smooth the draw is. I'm pretty happy to see her excited about shooting again. She also went from a Scott Mongoose to the new Tru Fire Hardcore single jaw release.

2012 Cougar FC, 55-70 set at 28" & 39 pounds.
    QAD Ultra HD
    HHA 5519
    Doinker Chubby Hunter
    Gold Tip 3555 HT Hunters
    Custom strings, MacDaddy string bumper

Call me hard headed but I still think this is an easy thing to do. I'm no expert, but I do know how to read a caliper & compare things, like all of us on here do. The wifes new bow came in today & I got out the tape measure and calipers and started comparing it to my 2011 Firecat 360. Everything was IDENTICAL other than the Fury X cam and the webbing on the idler. I'm sorry but $300 for one cam ( idler has the same dimentions) is extremely high for a car engine let alone for a compound bow. Please don't take this as bashing because it's not intended that way. Just my observation on the subject.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel