Thread: How much would you sell it for?

Post Thanks / Like

Question How much would you sell it for?

I have a 2004 Martin Magnum Cougar III I an looking at selling, but I have no idea how to price it. Anyone here have any idea on a bow like this that is in good condition? Thanks in advance!

Brian

Martin Magnum Cougar III

Arrow Shooting, Deer Destroyer

Post Thanks / Like

Id say bare bow,$200.00,some one had one on AT for like $175.00...........

Post Thanks / Like

I paid 175.00 when I bought it. HawgEnvy sold it to me last year. Since then I have repainted the riser. Ill take a few pics and post them shortly. There are a few things I need a second opinion on. Pic to come!

Martin Magnum Cougar III

Post Thanks / Like

In the first three pictures I took, you can see where there looks like a bad spot on the cam. If I was to switch the string to the other side it would chew the string. I did not see this when I purchased it, but its there non the less. It doesnt affect the way the bow shoots at all. Does anyone know what could have caused this? Any info would be great!

The paint job needs to touched up a bit and a new set of strings and cables made up. Other than that it shoots pretty fast.

IMG_4802.jpgIMG_4806.jpg
    IMG_4815.jpg
    IMG_4845.jpgIMG_4846.jpg

Martin Magnum Cougar III

Post Thanks / Like

I would say cams are worth more than the bow,but really if it was stock camo in good shape my quote would stand,now seeing this maybe 123-130 max.Why dont you keep it as a backup bow or make a fishing rig out of it....

Ys that damage wont really bother you unless you want use shoot through system,but with that damage no go......how it happened who knows.remember bow is a 2004 model................
    Last edited by Speedykills; 07-07-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was sorta figuring that. The more pics I took the more it started running thru my head. I think what I will do is hold on to it until I come across a good craigslist deal and then see what I can get for it. Ill prolly have some strings made up for it and get a half decent set of sights. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Martin Magnum Cougar III

Post Thanks / Like

Its rated at 320 fps and as Speedy said, the cams are what people will be looking at if you sell it. Whats your draw length? If you're drawing those bic C cams anywhere near 30 inches, the bow will deliver that 320 fps.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

My draw length is 29" so Im pretty close to 320, but Im not a speed guy. As long as its accurate and quiet it'll work for me.

Martin Magnum Cougar III