Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrow choices............

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arrow choices............

Ok i know the GT expedition hunters are the cheapest arrows they make.........not a bad arrow but in getting way to many flyers....when i bought them the tech told me if you want to shoot straight get the xt hunters ot better.....
    Ok with that said im thinking of trying the GT xt pro hunters or easton FMJ,Easton ST Axis® FMJ N-FUSED™ Carbon Shafts.I had the gt xt hunters but gave them up as part of a trade awhile ago and just dont remember having these many flyers with them.Anyway thanks for any suggestions,thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

GT ultralight Entrada. i just bought a dozen. Not bad. the spec is close to expedition hunter.
    but i end up with the 0.3 spine. shoot great. for me is value for money.

Post Thanks / Like

You get what you pay for when you buy cheap arrows. The Expeditions fit in that category. Sometimes you get a good batch and sometimes you don't. These are the same as the XT arrows with a few exceptions. They are .006 vs .003. A lot of people will say that they can't tell the difference between .006 and .003, but straightness isn't the whole story. Weight tolerances within a bundle are tighter for the better arrow, although a few grains up or down isn't going tomake a huge difference till you surpass about 60 yards. What's most important is that better arrows have better spine tolerances within the bundle.

I have been shooting Gold Tip arrows for about 7 years and always got the Ultralite Pro series. Not because I can shoot that well. I was on their advisory staff and that's what they always sent me. A dozen arrows can last me many years. Not being with Gold Tip any longer I do have to buy my shafts and build my own. For the money I would probably shoot XT shafts for hunting or just plain Ultralites for target/3D. These have tight enough tolerances for all but world class shooters. They are affordable and available almost anywhere.

I would not pay the extra money for any Pro series arrow shaft unless I were competing on the money circuits. I might consider the Axis arrows if I hunted. I do like Easton shafts and do have my share of ACC's (more freebies). I would not buy any of the FMJ arrows or those from Carbon Express with all the fancy names. I'm just not going to spend that kind of money when there are other shafts and companies that sell shafts for half their price. If I'm going to get screwed I'd prefer it with my pants down.

That's my take on the subject.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I have an urge to try some carbon tech whitetail arrows.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got half an urge to try something in a 700 to 730 spine to see if they'll work for me. I'm also thinking of an aluminum shaft. Half dozen should last me about 3 years.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Half dozen should last me about 3 years.
    Wish i could say the same..................

Post Thanks / Like

Got myself a dozen of Vforce Highvelocity from Victory, at that price it was a sweet deal for 0,001+- arrows. I'll let you bows know how they turn out!
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Durandal View Post
    Got myself a dozen of Vforce Highvelocity from Victory, at that price it was a sweet deal for 0,001+- arrows. I'll let you bows know how they turn out!
    I heaRD alot about these arrows on AT so a report on them would be nice............

Post Thanks / Like

I miss the days when there weren't so many choices in arrow selection. I currently shoot the beman ICS camo hunters. Beman now has a new line, I am not sure if I am going switch brands. My question is what is what is a good price for a dz?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by typically8 View Post
    I miss the days when there weren't so many choices in arrow selection. I currently shoot the beman ICS camo hunters. Beman now has a new line, I am not sure if I am going switch brands. My question is what is what is a good price for a dz?
    A dz of which model?, As you said, Beman has an expanded line of arrows. Shafts or Fletched. I'm a DIY guy, and so always buy the raw shafts, also think the camo shafts are just for us, an all black shaft looks like a stick to a critter. Basically, it comes down to how much do you want to spend. For me, I spend as little as possible. Just sayin.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade