Thread: What mods do you make?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What mods do you make?

What mods are you guys making to your Martin? Just got my 2012 Cougar and so far I've swapped out the stock cable slide for a Saunders Hyper Glide, and replaced the sts stopper with a Limbsaver stopper (just replaced the end piece). These are both mods I learned about here. Any other things I should consider replacing?

Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grip replacement...

One thing I've already noticed is that the grip isn't going to last very long. It is already starting to bunch up and the wooden insert on one side is starting to slide out of place as the material continues to creep out of position. What can I do with the grip?

Post Thanks / Like

How do you like the Saunders? I am thinking about switching over to that as well. I switched the string stop to the mathews stop and put custom strings on it. I also took off some of the excessive serving on the string that the d-loop ties around. There is just a ton of it on there and to me it is excessive. I believe that is all I have done.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis - Sword Twilight Hunter Sight - QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away - WindJammer 7" Stabilizer - 438 Grain Beman ICS Hunter Elites - G5 T3's & QAD Exodus Swept Back Version

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kylecurtis04 View Post
    How do you like the Saunders? I am thinking about switching over to that as well. I switched the string stop to the mathews stop and put custom strings on it. I also took off some of the excessive serving on the string that the d-loop ties around. There is just a ton of it on there and to me it is excessive. I believe that is all I have done.
    I like it, may just be my mind playing tricks on me but it does seem to make things smoother. I bought it primarily because I was reading on here where some folks were having excessive string wear with the stock cable slides.

Post Thanks / Like

a good add on is a nice set of cat whiskers and after market strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    a good add on is a nice set of cat whiskers and after market strings
    hutch paying you to say that?

no really just starting shooting my new(old) cat with hutches powerchords and they are sweeeet!
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Replaced the stock bumper with a MacDaddy - trimmed it down so when I shorten the rod up it isn't still pushing into the string with the longer bumper. It's kinda beat up so I might get another one or switch to a Limbsaver one. Saunders slide is a must imo if rod/slide on your bow. Got some Cool Kats whiskers and so far that is about it. I'll be ordering up some new strings sometime, just not sure when yet. Need to get a few other things in order first.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Didnt really need a whole lot mods,just put on limb savers,got a STS from martin and have a saunders slide on the way..............