Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tree stand

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tree stand

I went out yesterday to put a tree stand the wife bought me up. Well I get to the woods and find out from the land owner that his tree stand and trail cam was stolen a couple days ago. Needless to say my stand is at the location, but in the barn until I pick up some rubber coated chain and pad locks. I was thinking of mounting a covert trail cam higher up in a tree to see if I can get a pic for the authorities. I don't know what is wrong with people, but I would never even think about stealing like that. Sorry state of the states I tell ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Chip, I have to agree. I had one stolen, a ladder stand, about 6 years ago right off the tree. Found it on an ajoining property about a month later not 50 yards from where I had it on my hunting ground. Needless to say, words were exchanged, and they are considered to be tresspassing if they step foot across that property line again. Now, the REALLY bad part about that is, the guy that stole it is a GAME WARDEN here. Haven't had any problems since, but they are all kept locked, and checked on fairly regularly. It takes a real scumbag to steal, and this guy is certainly one of them. I reported him to the Fish and Game Dept. of course, but they said they had to have definitive proof that he stole it before they could do anything at all. I just wanted to make sure they knew what kind of a worthless piece of sh.. they had working for them. We also had a game warden in the county just south of me get arrested for having 27 fresh racks in his shed a few years ago. He had shot all of them within a 2 week span, several while he was on duty. Talked about a screwed up game management area, welcome to Kansas. lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks... Last year my father had a tree stand stolen from private property. He hunted until dark on Saturday came back Monday morning a few minuets before sunrise and it was gone (no Sunday hunting here in Mass.). A handful of scumbags can change how we look at things no matter where you live.
    2011 silencer
    2008 trophy hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to here about the thefts guys. I can't believe the game wardens in your area ehunter, that blows my mind. Twenty seven illegal deer, that would put an end to anybody's hunting privileges as well as monster fines. It is so important to preserve our wildlife for our future generations.

Post Thanks / Like

Bad business all the way around when one bad apple ruins the whole bunch. Makes it harder for the folks who get into law enforcement for all of the right reasons to do their work. But you'll have shady characters who get into law enforcement just to scam and steal forever I guess. The good news is that nobody's perfect so they will slip up and get found out by the good guys sooner or later. We're fortunate to have some really A1 DNR officers down here.
    Martin Jaguar #50
    GT Arrows
    Muzzy Phantoms
    Bowsight: Left Index Finger
    E.W. Bateman Cordovan Tab
    Barnett Jackal

The only failure that is disgraceful is the failure to try.

Post Thanks / Like

We are have some good wardens around here as well. I recall when I was younger going to levis house with my uncle, he was really good guy. I also met a few wardens when I worked for a local taxidermist. These gents took the job serious and I was thankful for their efforts.

Post Thanks / Like

No matter what the trade, professionalism shows through. It really is a joy to deal with people that you can tell from the first that they enjoy and take pride in what they do. Now the ones that are just there to pick up a check (I call them bystanders) not so much.
    Martin Jaguar #50
    GT Arrows
    Muzzy Phantoms
    Barnett Jackal

Post Thanks / Like

Chains and locks are cheaper then tree stands. I am just saying.

Post Thanks / Like

That's true, but bolt cutters are cheap too. Some people are just no good and will steal just for the fun of it. Locks are made for honest people mostly. If a thief wants it bad enough they'll go to any length to get it. Crack and meth make that a fact if you have that in your area. My brother-in-law had his box blade stolen off the back of his tractor in the front yard. Everything started to go down hill when they stopped corporal punishment in school. IMO
    Martin Jaguar #50
    GT Arrows
    Muzzy Phantoms
    Barnett Jackal

Post Thanks / Like

AMEN Bent.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.