Thread: Bow Damaged in Shipping

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bow Damaged in Shipping

Question for you guys. An Alien I sent was damaged in shipping. The box was crushed, resulting in the cams being bent and the strings jumping the cams, further twisting them up. Is the recipient up "S-creek" or can something be worked out with repairs? I shipped USPS with insurance covered with it noted as fragile, sent in an original Martin small bow box. Any help on this would be appreciated. Sent and received bows exactly as this one was sent and never had an issue so I'm pretty upset at the moment.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Because you had insurance it will covered for the amount you purchased. I believe it is the purchasers responsibility to contact shipper. However, he may need to get information from you to help with his claim. I have had packages damaged through UPS That were insured And the claim process only took 5 days. Good luck.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

all my staff bar orders come UPS and a few months ago one got stollen off my door step.i called ups and they told me that the person who shiped it had to open a claim.after i spoke to the staff bar place the did open a claim but the stollen staff bar showed up on my door step the next day with a sorry note on it.so what im getting at is you would have to contact ups and open a claim

Post Thanks / Like

ok cool - I did send in the claim. had him send me pictures of the box - corner was just straight jacked and the cams had a nasty wobble in them. sent the pictures with the online claim, so I'll wait to see what happens. hoping they don't want some bs invoicing for repair cost and whatnot.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a dry fire.............Maybe person is covering there behind,but ya as long as you have it insured your good to go..........good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Sounds like a dry fire.............Maybe person is covering there behind,but ya as long as you have it insured your good to go..........good luck.
    kinda what I was initially thinking ... or a string derailing. The pictures looked a little like what Simon's Nemesis looked like when he had his scale accident

Post Thanks / Like

More i think about it,if there was no other damage than just the cams,no limb or riser damage,then i bet it was a dry fire.........jumped on the box to make it looked all smashed........it can happen to the best of us .....

Post Thanks / Like

more like when he recieved the bow, right out of the box he just had to pull it back & when he let down he torqued the riser and the cables derailed, it happened to me , i was ajusting the rest string, alien xs are bad about that!
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    More i think about it,if there was no other damage than just the cams,no limb or riser damage,then i bet it was a dry fire.........jumped on the box to make it looked all smashed........it can happen to the best of us .....
    Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    more like when he recieved the bow, right out of the box he just had to pull it back & when he let down he torqued the riser and the cables derailed, it happened to me , i was ajusting the rest string, alien xs are bad about that!
    Both things that came to mind ... either way it's a good thing I have the insurance, now it is just waiting for them to process the claim. Nothing else I can really do. Was disappointed to get the message for sure ...

Post Thanks / Like

"if it werent for bad luck you'd have no luck at all...." (winning the bengal pro wasnt luck you earned it) . but you have common sense and protected yourself with the S&H insurance, hopefully plenty. good luck. but i agree it was highly likely a dryfire/string derail.