Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Nemisis Restrung

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Nemisis Restrung

Well, I got my strings from Hutch two days ago. First impression was good. I'm used to looking at quality strings and these are as good as any I have ever seen. The color combination I chose was Flame, Silver/black speckled with clear halo for all end servings. Center and STS are red. To me it's kind of classy without being too..........

Got to really look them over the next day and then git to installing them, but first had to do some necessary machining work. Most of us know about and/or have experienced excessive serving wear and I'm no different. This Nemisis showed such wear on the string serving after only a few hundred shots. My 2011 model did the same thing. I did do some careful analyzing and decided that the main problem was caused by sharp inner edges of the string grooves and the inner edge of the modules.

First step was to tear down the bow and dig out the files. Mainly used a small rat-tail. At times I stopped and run a fingernail over the edge till satisfied that there were no roughness or burrs. While I was at it I did the other bow and my 2010 Alien Z, something I've put off doing for some time. I just can't see putting a good quality set of strings on a bow because the serving gets chewed up without fixing the root problem. No sense in throwing good money after bad.

Anyway, that taken care of I installed the strings just as they came. a2a came in about 3/16 short, brace was right on, and draw weight was about 3# heavier than before. A few twists here and there should bring things in fairly good although I don't usually worry too much about specs so much as how the bow feels. I did get to sight it oin for 20 yards and although I need a half twist on the bottom end of the string to orient the peep there is no peep rotation. I'm more interested in keeping an eye on the end servings to see if the serving wear problem is solved.

Anyway, here's are a few pics and a big thanks to Hutch for a good looking set of strings.P1010040.jpgP1010038.jpgP1010036.jpgP1010039.jpg
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Barry. So the bow was bought back in 2005 huh?

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking set-up Barry. I think you picked the perfect colors. Bill does some fantastic work. I love my new set as well.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

they look nice,but why did you cut that launcher! kinds defeats the purpose.......anyway whole bow looks good..........

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just the right colors Barry. Good choice! Now for the real test of a target shooter. Let me know how they work!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    they look nice,but why did you cut that launcher! kinds defeats the purpose.......anyway whole bow looks good..........
    This is just my opinion, but I think the long launcher forks are stupid. I know guys think they have to have some kind of containment system, but I never have and still don't. They have this stupid bar across the top to keep the arrow from coming off the rest. The forks have to be long enough so that the bar is way above the fletching. I have never needed any of that crap. Further, it's my thought that the longer forks take longer to get down out of the way so could show clearance issues if you have a very fast bow.

As I am just a 3D/target shooter all my drawing and such is very controlled (except the target panic) and I keep my draw weight low enough that I can control the draw cycle very well. Therefore the forks get cut down to get out of the way faster. Actually, they are still about 1/2" high and I could concievably cut another 1/4" off them. Notice that the "containment" bar is also removed. That's the first thing I did after removing it from the packaging. Let's just say that I took a mouse trap and altered it into a better mouse trap for my purposes.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Very nice Barry. So the bow was bought back in 2005 huh?

A.S
    No Brad. When I was editing the pic I wanted to insert a date and that is the one that came up. For some reason I couldn't change it.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    This is just my opinion, but I think the long launcher forks are stupid. I know guys think they have to have some kind of containment system, but I never have and still don't. They have this stupid bar across the top to keep the arrow from coming off the rest. The forks have to be long enough so that the bar is way above the fletching. I have never needed any of that crap. Further, it's my thought that the longer forks take longer to get down out of the way so could show clearance issues if you have a very fast bow.

As I am just a 3D/target shooter all my drawing and such is very controlled (except the target panic) and I keep my draw weight low enough that I can control the draw cycle very well. Therefore the forks get cut down to get out of the way faster. Actually, they are still about 1/2" high and I could concievably cut another 1/4" off them. Notice that the "containment" bar is also removed. That's the first thing I did after removing it from the packaging. Let's just say that I took a mouse trap and altered it into a better mouse trap for my purposes.
    +1 on this.
    I use Limb Driver rests but still cut the forks on the launcher arm in half.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice color combination.

notice that bro, you dont tie ur peep? or have not finish adjusting the peep height yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice bow and strings Barry. Just the color of strings I would do! I think i'm gonna like my new Crimson Pantera. One more question, how is the paint on the bow? Smooth, shiny, and durable? It will be a nice addition to my hmmm... Alpine Fireball.

Thanks,

Kurt