Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Nemisis Restrung

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daiwateampenn View Post
    Nice color combination.

notice that bro, you dont tie ur peep? or have not finish adjusting the peep height yet?
    I rarely tie in a peep. If the string has enough twists in it the peep will not move. In this case I used the same measurement that's on my 2011 Nemisis so NO, I won't be moving it and if so it would only be less than 1/8".
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brudawg View Post
    Nice bow and strings Barry. Just the color of strings I would do! I think i'm gonna like my new Crimson Pantera. One more question, how is the paint on the bow? Smooth, shiny, and durable? It will be a nice addition to my hmmm... Alpine Fireball.

Thanks,

Kurt
    Kurt,
    The paint job is glossy and smooth. On mine there are a couple places where they painted over a bit of dust, but nothing to worry about. The paint will chip if you ding it with anything so don't be hammering on it with a sledge hammer. LOL. It's kind of a metallic to boot. Very Sharp.

Hutch is actually responsible for my color choices. The Flame is kind of Fl orange with red speckles in it. The silver/black speckle is to compliment the black limbs with silver logos. I still think Flame and Mt. Berry would be a good match, but maybe I'll do that next time. Strings aren't forever you know. Love experimenting. IMO the quality of workmanship in the strings is impeccable.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Flame and Mt Berry wow I have to go put those together. Now you've go and done it. I haven't seen that together.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

That's a beautiful string combo Barry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I rarely tie in a peep. If the string has enough twists in it the peep will not move. In this case I used the same measurement that's on my 2011 Nemisis so NO, I won't be moving it and if so it would only be less than 1/8".
    learnt something new.... i was taught to tie the peep, and i always tie and shoot, and if peep is high or low, i have to untie and tie again....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daiwateampenn View Post
    learnt something new.... i was taught to tie the peep, and i always tie and shoot, and if peep is high or low, i have to untie and tie again....
    If you want you can just put a half dozen wraps of dental floss around the peep and string to help ensure it doesn't fly out (no guarantee). Tie it off and melt the tag end. This will add a little bit of insurance and you can still slide the peep a bit if need be. Then once this is done measure how high the peep is above your nocking point and remember it. If you should start shooting high or low you can check the peep height and move it if need be.

Something else I may as well throw in here is that along with the usual a2a, brace height and other measurments I've learned to measure the distance from my top axle down to the peep and nocking point. Kisser too for those who use one. The reason? Suppose your bow starts shooting low all of a sudden. If so then something moved. It most likely has to be either the nocking point (loop) slide up or the peep slid down. By measuring to a fixed position such as the axle you'll be able to tell which just by measuring instead of trying to guess.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    If you want you can just put a half dozen wraps of dental floss around the peep and string to help ensure it doesn't fly out (no guarantee). Tie it off and melt the tag end. This will add a little bit of insurance and you can still slide the peep a bit if need be. Then once this is done measure how high the peep is above your nocking point and remember it. If you should start shooting high or low you can check the peep height and move it if need be.

Something else I may as well throw in here is that along with the usual a2a, brace height and other measurments I've learned to measure the distance from my top axle down to the peep and nocking point. Kisser too for those who use one. The reason? Suppose your bow starts shooting low all of a sudden. If so then something moved. It most likely has to be either the nocking point (loop) slide up or the peep slid down. By measuring to a fixed position such as the axle you'll be able to tell which just by measuring instead of trying to guess.
    Infact, i did use dental floss for serving and tieing up the peep for sometimes, its easier when come to cut the dental floss, and it appears to be transparent.... hehehehe... looks more like a clear serving.

Noted your tips. should have start the habit to put down all the infos where the point should be in paper for future usage.

Post Thanks / Like

First off, nice looking bow Barry! As usual, Hutch pulls through with flying colors on the strings !

Second off, I also usually don't tie the peep in either. Usually I put about 5-10 serving wraps above and below the peep. Then I can push them towards the peep and put a dab of super glue on them once I get them set. This helps keep the peep in place, and they can be used to help adjust the peep rotation before they're set.

peep tie in.jpg
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I tie everything! double whip with a lace connection.

100_1954.jpg

Peeps cost too much to lose!!!! plus I hate them when they go up or down.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

How is your new bow doing Barry? How do you like it so far?

Hutch