Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FrankenBow

Post Thanks / Like

Default FrankenBow

I was on a camping trip when a buddy of mine gave me this 2004 martin prowler it has a bent riser, and well to say the least its in pretty rough shape. I just got back home with the bow and did a couple measurements and i have a 2012 saber takedown riser that im gonna try to fashion up with the prowlers limbs and cams, id have to get all new measurements for the strings since the sabers riser is shorter and the limbs come off at a slightly different angle but after doing a little research i found out the dyna cam on the prowler doesnt have a draw length for the f-3 module? which is where im confused cause this bow has an f-3 mod on it, so im stumped there any help would be appreciated and pics of the finished bow to come. OH! and i forgot the bow had an hha sight bracket on it so im pretty pumped for this treasure i picked up should be fun to mess with probably gonna be my bow fishing rig. Only thing funny about it is the limbs are a completely different camo then my saber riser. lol but as long as it shoots pretty it dont gotta bbe pretty lookin.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Should be a fairly easy build. Look on Martin's website for 2004/2005 specs for a Saber with the Dyna cam. Most Martin bows shar the same limbs, cams, and other parts so the limbs should be a direct swap. Just check to see if they show what limb deflection gives you what draw weight. The use the string/cable specs on the website. I wouldn't worry about the module for now. You can always get one of those, or the whole set on Martin's on-line store.

Now ya got me curious and I'll have to go look for myself.

Yes, use the 2006/2007 tech specs for the Saber. F3 mod is for 28" draw. 5L limbs give 60#. String--88"/ cable--36".
    Last edited by bfisher; 07-17-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Should be a fairly easy build. Look on Martin's website for 2004/2005 specs for a Saber with the Dyna cam. Most Martin bows shar the same limbs, cams, and other parts so the limbs should be a direct swap. Just check to see if they show what limb deflection gives you what draw weight. The use the string/cable specs on the website. I wouldn't worry about the module for now. You can always get one of those, or the whole set on Martin's on-line store.

Now ya got me curious and I'll have to go look for myself.
    Thanks for the info i thought it would be a pretty easy gig i got the cams off the limbs gonna run some triflow through them and clean them up and polish them a little. but the dw is 55-70 but i will definatly look more info up and dig a little deeper.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

In that case I looked for thelib deflection in the 2005 specs for the prowler. 70# calls for 4M limbs so that's what yours should be. This shold produce about 55-58# on the Saber.

Post a pic of the riser so I can see what limb pockets are on it. I'm hoping it has SE limb pockets. If they are Elite pockets then all the info I've given you is bogus. They're easy to differentiate.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

In that case I looked for thelib deflection in the 2005 specs for the prowler. 70# calls for 4M limbs so that's what yours should be. This shold produce about 55-58# on the Saber.

Post a pic of the riser so I can see what limb pockets are on it. I'm hoping it has SE limb pockets. If they are Elite pockets then all the info I've given you is bogus. They're easy to differentiate.
    Would you like pics of the saber riser or the prowler riser?? ill take pics of both and post.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saber limb pockets with prowler limbs

2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

Last pics a little blurry but im sure you can make it out the limbs fit perfectly in the riser with no play or movement just as if they were on the prowler
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I know the limbs would fit. i was more concerned with the angle of the limb pockets. I believe the info I gave you is going to hold up.

JYI the next time you take pics back off a little more so the focus is sharper. The resize the pics a little smaller prior to posting. You could even crop them and then zoom in. Sometimes it's a lot of work.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I know the limbs would fit. i was more concerned with the angle of the limb pockets. I believe the info I gave you is going to hold up.

JYI the next time you take pics back off a little more so the focus is sharper. The resize the pics a little smaller prior to posting. You could even crop them and then zoom in. Sometimes it's a lot of work.
    LOL after i posted them i thought wow those are some huge pics next time ill try to make them a tad smaller haha but thanks for the great info.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum