Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Camo dip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Es4x5

Hey ES4X5, here are the screw sizes for everything on my sight. Sorry it took me so long to get them. I was waiting until I was putting the sight back together, so I didn't lose anything. 100_0749.JPG
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thats screwey. Seriously, their engineer had a screw loose.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks E, I did'nt want to take either of mine apart without have the replacement stainless on hand. The sight I'm changing the screws in is a different year than the sight you're showing above, has a red and gold logo instead of the green and black, but I think that the screws that I want to change will be the same size. At least I hope so. Thanks again. Rig is looking great!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

IMG_0258.JPGGlad to help ES4X5. I lost one of the little washers putting mine back together, but it doesn't seem to have made much difference. Still waiting on the riser and cam I had to leave at the dip shop when I went to watch. Long story short, we had to strip, prime, and repaint the riser and cam. Paint was too wet to load in my trunk, so he kept it and was going to dip them for me. Just waiting on it to arrive anyday now, so I can get it all back together. Here's the sight after I got it finished.
    BSD strings and cables

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you notice, my last post was on Aug. 18th. The bow had been dipped, and clearcoated before that date (Aug. 8th actually), and was just needing shipped back to me. I FINALLY got it today. Over a month and a half later. Yeah, I've been "happily" waiting. Anyway, here it is. Notice the base color for the riser and bottom cam don't match the rest of the bow. Those are the two parts that the dipper did, supposedly using the same basecoat I was using. NOT. His is a white base, mine is a tan that he told me was what he was going to use on the riser and cam. Needless to say, I retract anything good I said about this guy in previous posts. On a great note though, Hutch's strings look BEAUTIFUL on this bow. Couldn't ask for a better match. 100_0770.JPG100_0769.JPG100_0772.JPG
    Last edited by Ehunter; 09-24-2012 at 08:40 PM.
    BSD strings and cables

Post Thanks / Like

I cant see it clearly but i am using my phone. I still looks cool, better then what the company uses. So, what does it cost for the "pro" vs the amateur to do a dip?
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking bow.

bro,

did i miss anything, why suddenly the bow when to the dip shop? is the dip kit not working??
    had it to be stripped off and re-do by the shop on the riser?

i interested in doing dip too....
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That looks great EH, great set up. Don't lay that puppy down anywhere you will certainly lose it. Great job!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

typically, cost wise doing one bow in full camo like this is going to be about the same either way, and alot less work to have a pro do it. I was wanting to learn how to do it, so I can dip another bow, and a few other things as well.

A few things to remember about dipping. The common online camo kits use a solvent based basecoat. They HAVE to be dipped within 24 hours of basecoating, or the paint dries too hard, and the film will NOT stick. That leads to restripping, repainting, and a huge pain. Most oneline kits are going to cost between $100-125. I was told about Ozarks Hydrographics as a supplier of materials for dipping. They also sell kits, and cost about $125 for a kit. They use a water based paint that can set for up to 40 days before dipping. They have a huge assortment of patterns available, as well as basecoat colors. That's where I'll be getting all my supplies from now on.

Things you'll need to dip with a common kit: A ventilated area to paint in. ( I did mine outdoors) A rack of some sort to hang parts on while they dry. A clean water supply for rinsing parts once dipped. A water tank big enough to completely submerge your parts in to apply the film. Rubber or latex gloves. A respirator of some sort (cheapies work ok). Masking tape. Razor knife or sharp scissors. Bailing wire to make hangers out of.

To use a kit from Ozarks Hydrographics you'll also need: Air compressor complete with filters (about $200 for a small compressor and filters), paint guns ($60 at Wal Mart), sand paper or a scuffing pad, measuring spoons.

If you chose to strip the bow completely down before painting, you'll also need some paint stripper ($10) and self-etching primer ($15).

Hope this answers a few questions, but if not, feel free to ask!
    BSD strings and cables

Post Thanks / Like

great info n advice. Mayb in fuure if i had problem dipping i ll seek for ur advice.
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.