Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowstands of your preference.

Post Thanks / Like

How comfortable is that harness-stand? If you plan on spending all afternoon in it, you don't have to worry about your legs going numb or anything like that? I like the idea for mobility reasons. What about equipment storage? How do you do store any equipment you might have, while up in your stand? I usually don't hook my bow up, I like to have it in my hand (at least when my set up allows for it). But the stand is definitely something I will look into.

Post Thanks / Like

Foxman. I find it's very comfortable, never had a problem with legs or butt going numb. While in the saddle you can straddle the tree, stretch your legs straight out, or prop your knees against the tree. The only thing that ever causes any discomfort is when you prop your knees against the tree for too long, but you can wear knee pads if you like. I just swing to a different position, practice drawing my bow, ranging, etc, in all directions. Like I said 6-7 hrs is not a problem(you can even sleep in it although I've never tried it. But you certainly wouldn't fall out!). Mine has a 3 compartment pouch for my tether, belt, and one with enough room for a couple of calls, a rangefinder,rattle bag, and my knife. There are some 2" nylon web loops sewn into the top of the seat but after attaching the pouch, only one or two are practical to use. They do make accessory pouches and such for the saddle, but I haven't needed any. When going out to set up I use a fanny pack that holds 20 steps, two bow hangers,hoisting rope, and my saw. Once I'm set up, I hang the fanny pack out of the way and I'm good to go. Note; anything you wear on your belt will have to be moved to the front of your body, or carried elsewhere (ei. knife).

Post Thanks / Like

How much do you have to worry about a broadhead getting near that strap? Crossing over from one side to other is ur nocked arrow clear? Ever hear of anyone cutting it and falling?

Post Thanks / Like

B4L, virtually no chance of cutting the strap. The strap is 2" nylon webbing, comes from just above your waist upwards to the tree. Your body is only 18'' - 30" from the tree, depending on your posture. Your bow arm is off to the side. You would literally have to pull the bow or arrow over your head or shoulder, with the broadhead pointing down, to cut the strap. BTW, you don't crossover from side to side. You move around the tree to get the shot angle you need. You can move about 200* around the tree, to the left or right, but you can also twist in the saddle and shoot directly behind you. It looks like it might be a little awkward, but it's actually a comfortable, easy shot. You can easily shoot 360*.