Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Test shot today

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Test shot today

    Fooled ya didn't I? Just test fired my scratch built blue rocket today on a G64-10 RMS. It only went a little over 500 feet, but flew well. Next flight will be with an H123 RMS, should get around 3000 ft.


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Do you use Bohning nocks on those?. What's the spine on those puppies?.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    Do you use Bohning nocks on those?. What's the spine on those puppies?.
    You should see the bow, about 75 inch draw length shoots at 550 mph or 810 ft. per second.
    Last edited by Chip; 07-25-2012 at 10:09 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    You should see the bow, about 75 inch draw length shoots at 550 mph or 810 ft. per second.
    Nice!. I like to watch those rocket shows where they shoot the bigger ones. They called them a certain name but i can't remember it right at this moment. When they take off...everyone clears the area. LOL.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yer tempting me to do bad things.

    We've been under a fire ban here since like April so there just aint no pyro fun.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Speedykills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eastern Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,005
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I remember shooting them rockets off when i was a youg lad,they went up pretty high then shoot would pop open and the chase was on.........

  7. #7
    Senior Member NuttyNative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fernley Nevada
    Posts
    586
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    I remember shooting them rockets off when i was a youg lad,they went up pretty high then shoot would pop open and the chase was on.........
    Did the Estes rockets in high school, then with my kids, then the stepchildren. Can't wait till the grandkids are ready for them. I liked the C6-7's & D12-3 engines. Still have a few launch pads and remnants of past rockets in the garage. Gotta love the two & three stage rockets.
    I'm a Lefty


    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    Did the Estes rockets in high school, then with my kids, then the stepchildren. Can't wait till the grandkids are ready for them. I liked the C6-7's & D12-3 engines. Still have a few launch pads and remnants of past rockets in the garage. Gotta love the two & three stage rockets.
    The Comanche three stage is one of my favorite Estes kits. When I tested the blue rocket at our local soccer fields there was a little girl with her mom at one of the soccer pitches. When that thing took off she made a bee line for mom, keep in mind they were fair distance from us. Due to the fact that the rocket is 7 ft tall 3 inches round and a little over 3 lbs it came off the pad slow and loud with a G motor. Now that I know that it is stable I can't wait to see it rip off the pad on an H or I motor.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Are the fins straight or slightly offset on the blue rocket?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They are straight spiker, the pic makes it look like they are not. I don't recall, but I think I had a wide angle lens and cropped it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •