Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
The Engraved guns were done by my father. No Machine was used just an hammer and chisel. I'll post more pics as I go through cleaning the guns. The guns i don't shoot much get the white glove treatment. I clean them in and out and make sure I use a glove to place them back into the safe. A really thin coat of protective oil keeps the rust away. I don't want any oils from my hands sitting on the firearms I don't use much. I pull them out every Quarter or so and check to see if they need another protective coat. I have a great father. As I was growing up I always received a Pistol or rifle for my Birthday and Christmas. Except for one Birthday, I got a Dirt bike. My collection is well stocked. lol. I didn't care much for baseball cards, Atari, etc. Most of my rifles don't have Scopes and I mainly learned from my father..He wasn't a fan of Scopes. We did a lot of Cowboy shooting and Long range Modern Black powder Silhouette shooting. Open sights. As he aged, he did move on to an Old School Tube Scope for one of his Sharps. I just recently got into using modern scopes.
Great collection! Your father has a great talent bro and the fact that just hammer and chisel were the only tools used is a true testament to his skill. Got a dirt bike one birthday huh? You poor deprived kid. (Just kidding.)