Thread: '07 Pantera-New Cam and String?

Post Thanks / Like

Default '07 Pantera-New Cam and String?

Well while waxing string on bow tonight I see 1 strand of the string is broke. So, I am thinking need a new string for sure. Was wondering if I could do a cam uprade to get some speed? Cam is an M-Pro.

Would limbs have to be changed also. Draw weight is only 55 pounds but is maxed out. So before I have a string made/ordered just wondered if cost effective to try? I see the new Pantera has lot more speed than what mine is rated. Will have to get a hold of Hutch. Thanks, again.
    '07 Martin Pantera, QAD Ultra-rest Hunter, 4" Fuse Stabilizer, Thermal Grip, Norway String Tamer G, Limb Savers

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well tla, it would be more expensive to buy a cam unless they are used. Your better off setting the bow up to specs and fine tune it to get the best speed out of it. What poundage it is?

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got some strings

Got strings in the mail yesterday. Thanks Hutch. They look great!

I can't seem to find the diagram of how to rout them correctly, I know I seen it on here. I did take a few pics before also.

Thanks.
    '07 Martin Pantera, QAD Ultra-rest Hunter, 4" Fuse Stabilizer, Thermal Grip, Norway String Tamer G, Limb Savers

Post Thanks / Like

You should be able to see routing in the owners manual. If you don't have it there should be one available on-line (Martin's website). Or you could just use your photos, toss it together and take a pic for us to see. We'll be gad to help.

The new string/cable might work to bring the draw weight up to snuff, too. Often, as strings age they creep (elongate), reducing preload on the limbs.
    Last edited by bfisher; 07-31-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Try This,
    Capture.JPG

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gtg

Well got it together right. Did find it on the Main Page for my year after some more digging. Do not have peep on yet as got a new one on order, so haven't launched an arrow yet. Looks good and strings are spot on. The loop for release was a little small at first but it tightened/opened up and is perfect now. Thanks for replies guys, as always, great forum.

Not sure if I am gonna sell it or hang on to it for a spare or get it turned down some for girlfriend to shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tla100 View Post
    Well got it together right. Did find it on the Main Page for my year after some more digging. Do not have peep on yet as got a new one on order, so haven't launched an arrow yet. Looks good and strings are spot on. The loop for release was a little small at first but it tightened/opened up and is perfect now. Thanks for replies guys, as always, great forum.

Not sure if I am gonna sell it or hang on to it for a spare or get it turned down some for girlfriend to shoot.
    Yeah tla, I don't pre-stretch the d loops. If I did you would not be able to move the loop. So I let the customer stretch it. Well I am glad so far so good for you. I hope you like them. Happy shooting!