Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well took my bow in to shop...:( sad day indeed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well took my bow in to shop...:( sad day indeed

So I had the wife take my bow into the shop. Noticed some issue with the bottom and top limb yesterday. The shop said that the limbs are delaming. So its going back again to Martin. This bow was replaced by Martin already and had issues with draw mods and now this. Makes me sad...Kind of miss my Hoyt. The Martin is a Shadowcat so I love the longer axle to axle. my Hoyt was a Vulcan. Short axle to axle. Loved the bow just wanted something longer and lighter in the draw wt. The shadowcat is a 60lber. So now I am in a holding pattern to see what Martin will do for me. this time. I'm mad but glad I caught it before it did it at full draw...

Post Thanks / Like

Didnt you read the sticker,do not dry fire this bow............So you get a new bow limbs delaminate.........you got the worst luck ive seen lately....well anyway...............Ya im bustin your chops,i bet it sucks right now.....not havin your bow,as usual martin will take care of it.......
    Last edited by Speedykills; 07-09-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

All my dealings with customer service have been excellent, I had an issue with thread lock on every screw on the bow. One of my friends had an issue with his onza (early 2011 model). Martin is sending it back to him with a new riser, rod and cable slide, sts, and string. Before you get frustrated give the c.s. dept. a chance. Good luck
    2011 silencer
    2008 trophy hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Didnt you read the sticker,do not dry fire this bow............So you get a new bow limbs delaminate.........you got the worst luck ive seen lately....well anyway...............Ya im bustin your chops,i bet it sucks right now.....not havin your bow,as usual martin will take care of it.......
    Dry fire my bow LOL I am drawing between 54 and 62 lbs and shooting 408 gr arrow... It does suck and I know the c.s. will take care of me but still frustrating. I have owned 2 hoyts without any problem for the 4 yrs I had them. I had 3 bowtechs. well 2 bowtechs and they replaced one because the top limb bolt stripped out of the risere and blew up in my lap....that was fun. happened 1 month from hunting season. After the season I gave the bowtech to my father in law. If my hoyt was longer axle to axle who knows maybe I would of kept it. Love how the martin shoots though,but also love the bridged riser look. Like the looks of the nemesis from rytera. Would love to see a it longer then then 32 axle to axle though. My reason for buying the shadowcat was the idea of shooting with fingers. did that for a few weeks to just frustration so I tied on a loop and shot with a release. so my ideal bow would be a 34+ axle to axle since my draw is 29.5 like the longer bows. I have a feeler out on the alien Z since its 36 a t a. looks like it could be a great bow.. Well hopefully Martin will let me knkow whats going on with the bow when they get it.
    Last edited by jnordwell; 07-09-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey when martin gets it just tell them you want to upgrade the AZ on them,least they could do for ya............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Hey when martin gets it just tell them you want to upgrade the AZ on them,least they could do for ya............
    That would be awesome but I wont hold my breath. I left them a email message to call me when they get it in. and will let everyone know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

This is just picking a straws, but the Nemisis is 34" long. I have two of them. Still not a good finger bow for you though. IMO the Alien Z is too short, too, even at 36".
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

well I tried the finger thing and well could shoot ok but not good. so I gave up the glove and stuck with the release. If I were to pick up a new bow right now today. I would be looking ofr something in the 34 a to a range. longer is good for me I like the longer a to a. My last bow the Hoyt vulcan. was a shooter 32 a to a and a 6in BH. But with sore older shoulders had to get rid of it. Makes me think sometimes I should of kept it. more so when I have a bow less then a 1yr and its been replaced total replacement, cams replaced,strings replaced. just seems like alot of issues for one guy and one bow. With what everyone says Martin will take care of me. I just hope the let me know wat is going on with it.

Post Thanks / Like

martin just emailed me. sending new limbs asap to archeryworld......good day tater good day...

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear it,keep us posted............