Thread: Favorite bow stands

Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite bow stands

Hey, I was just wondering if any one had any input on good bow stands. Every bow stand that I have ever used was a home made one, so those are what I have grown fond of. I like a one-piece design (no moving parts, no unnecessary noise) Only downfall is slight limitations due to weight and awkwardness when it comes to hanging. I was wondering if anyone has any input or advice on any of the many commercial bow stands out there. bowstand.jpg This is the one I made this summer. All I have left to do is put a seat on it. Its heavy, but I'm young and don't mind, and I know it will support my 6'3" frame easily.

Post Thanks / Like

All I use are ladder stands. Got one hang on still in use, but I hardly ever sit that stand. I just buy the cheap Big Game brand, or whatever is on sale from Sportsman's Guide. They hold up to 250#, and are pretty sturdy. Got my first one about 12 years ago, and that's all I buy now. Far easier to get into and out of, and I just take a cushion I made to sit on.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous C
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience the more expensive stands are the ones that get ripped off. A $50 SG stand won't get looked at twice, but a $300 higher end stand will get noticed. I guess if you're going to steal, why steal hamburger when you can get prime rib? The sentence is the same. To steal a man's (or woman's) tree stand is a low, vile act. IMO
    Martin Jaguar #50
    GT Arrows
    Muzzy Phantoms
    Bowsight: Left Index Finger
    E.W. Bateman Cordovan Tab
    Barnett Jackal

The only failure that is disgraceful is the failure to try.