Thread: 2012-Martin Bow Reviews....Let's hear them

Hybrid View

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012-Martin Bow Reviews....Let's hear them

very curious of the reviews........of the 2012 line....
    haven't seen anything worth reading on AT....
    I've read one on here, it was pretty good....but there has to be others.

are these quieter than say the previous 2-3 years...?
    I had 2 - 2009 bengals and one was pretty dam good and quiet...a real shooter...the other one....loud as heck..and slower....everything was virtually equal...
    Last edited by WestMichiganBowhunter; 07-31-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have shot 3-4 of the 2012 models, and they were all very solid and quiet. When you go to a shop, and you shoot a bow off the rack, you expect a little noise and vibration because all they've done is put a rest and a d-loop on, no add ons usually. So I was pleasantly surprised. I even shot a Bengal right along with a Hoyt Rampage, both were solid, and they chrono'd with in a foot/sec of each other. (they're both 320 IBO)

Two of my friends have bought '12 Martins, one bought a single cam Cougar, and loves it. The other bought a Bengal, and can't say enough good things about it (his first bow was a hand me down about 6 years old, so he was happier than a fox in a hen house). They are both shooters and were real easy to tune. The Fury cam is sweet! The only con I've really heard is some of them have had rough edges on the cam that chew up the serving prematurely. Easily fixed with an emory board, or a call to customer service.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

My onza is whisper quiet and meets ibo. It's completely dead in the hand for vibration and I feel it shoots better then the mr7 and vector turbo.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

My 2012 Pantera is accurate and quiet, I use it for 3D and it shoots very well. Ive gotta say though that Im not impressed with the Fury XT cam, yes it has alot of adjustment Ill give it that but as far as performance Im not really seeing it. JMO.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    My 2012 Pantera is accurate and quiet, I use it for 3D and it shoots very well. Ive gotta say though that Im not impressed with the Fury XT cam, yes it has alot of adjustment Ill give it that but as far as performance Im not really seeing it. JMO.
    Thermodude! on the other hand for me... I have a 2012 Onza and Pantera. I love the Pantera and the Fury Cam as it out performs my Onza. Know saying that my 2011 Fire Cat 400 beat any bow hands down that I've had over the last ten years to include some from the top three. I had a Cougar FC with the Fury Cams and it sucked. Tried to adjust it to my shooting style and had all the bells a whistle on it, it just was not forgiving and wanted to jump out of my hands on release. For me I will stay with the Pantera and Fire Cat 400 this year for hunting. I had a 2009 Pantera and it was a shooter, only issue was I went though two set of Limbs (Before Power tough). I really believe that any bow is what the shooter makes of it with a set up style and arrow selection, whatever type,,, Hunting, 3D and or just for fun. I've shot the top 3 over the past year and still look at my Martin's and say too myself,,, their hard to beat with performance and forgiveness plus price wise.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Im just really calling it as I see it. Ive spent more hours than I can remember shooting it with various settups, arrows, .....ect......all the while with the chrono hooked up to it. It is what it is, and I just expected more out of a 29" draw at 72lbs. I really like the bow and I will continue to tweak it in an effort to attain the performance that Im looking for. Im a big fan of the Nitro cam, to me its the smoothist cam Ive ever shot........................Im thinking that the Pantera with Nitro cams would be a pretty hot settup! Once again........JMO.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35