Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012-Martin Bow Reviews....Let's hear them

Post Thanks / Like

you all may make my next purchase a Bengal. If it shoot's as nice as my Pantera,, I'm with it.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Had to take the Cheetah into the shop today. Took the Bengal along for the ride and got on the chrono. Put down a steady 275. I'm happy with it, but would definitely be curious to see how much more could come out of this cam with my current set up.

30" / 64-65# / 377gr / Whiskers, Meta Peep, D-loop

If I plug in numbers with a rough guess on the Whisker weight I can match up the calculator to the speed. If I take the string weight to 10gr (peep/loop) - calculator will put me at 298 ... Something I might test when I go back to the shop, pull the whiskers and get an idea from there. The bow was pretty quiet without them, squeezing another 20fps out of this might be nice - we'll see
    Last edited by droppixel; 08-03-2012 at 01:10 AM.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Had to take the Cheetah into the shop today. Took the Bengal along for the ride and got on the chrono. Put down a steady 275. I'm happy with it, but would definitely be curious to see how much more could come out of this cam with my current set up.

30" / 64-65# / 377gr / Whiskers, Meta Peep, D-loop

If I plug in numbers with a rough guess on the Whisker weight I can match up the calculator to the speed. If I take the string weight to 10gr (peep/loop) - calculator will put me at 298 ... Something I might test when I go back to the shop, pull the whiskers and get an idea from there. The bow was pretty quiet without them, squeezing another 20fps out of this might be nice - we'll see
    i have a feeling that the cam isn't really that much faster if any at all compared to say the accu cam or m2pro cam on the previous bengals..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    i have a feeling that the cam isn't really that much faster if any at all compared to say the accu cam or m2pro cam on the previous bengals..
    Yep, 10fps difference isn't really a whole lot and can be ate up pretty fast... But 330 fps IBO is no slouch
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Yep, 10fps difference isn't really a whole lot and can be ate up pretty fast... But 330 fps IBO is no slouch
    it might really not even be giving an extra 10 fps........
    I don't think there is enough reviews being done to figure it out...
    i would have to think it does, but we have seen snafu's from Martin before.

I liked the m2pro cam on my 09 bengal....smooth and easy to draw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    it might really not even be giving an extra 10 fps........
    I don't think there is enough reviews being done to figure it out...
    i would have to think it does, but we have seen snafu's from Martin before.

I liked the m2pro cam on my 09 bengal....smooth and easy to draw.
    I agree with the reviews and testing on it so far to see exactly where and what needs to be done with it in order to achieve the optimal performance. I can tell you it has just as smooth of a pull as the M-Pro on my Cheetah with a lot better valley and wall. I was running my calculations with the IBO set to 320. I don't know exactly how much the whiskers weight, but if a meta peep is 6 grains and a d-loop is maybe 5-6 (mine is pretty short) - don't have a scale to know for sure - I was factoring string weight at 70 - so 30 per whisker ball - take that off and the calc put me at 298 - would be 308 if at 330, which I don't think would be accurate considering the arrow/draw weight I have. IDK.

Might drop the whiskers from the string and take it back in with me when I pick up the Cheetah and shoot it through 1 more time just to see where it sits without them. Was pretty quiet before I put them on - very quiet now with, but not a HUGE difference imo.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently shooting a Scepter V pro. I shoot fingers and instinctive so my set-up is pretty basic. The martin crew did a great job setting it up, I literally had nothing to adjust cam wise. At 53.4 lbs draw (50lbs limbs with 29.5 draw lenght) with Victory HV arrows, this is the fastest bow I've seen out in the ranges, mind you speed for me is a curiosity. I have never shot a quieter bow and it's, as far as I'm concerned vibration free on the release. Handles like a dream and for the price I paid, as good as it gets for any bow with comprable ATA lenght out there. My friends shoot Hoyt, bear, champion.... and lets just say I wouldn't trade mine in for any of those.

The bow is still new to me, and since I shoot instinctive my accuracy isn't quite there yet but it's getting there. I should be back to 4-6 inch groups at 30 feet by the end of the summer. Just in time to make all the boys down at the club go wide eyed when I go back this winter.
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like this has been discussed somewhere at some point. But as far as speeds go and whiskers/weight on the string ... has it been decided that for single cams whiskers may only be necessary on the bottom?? Just saw Ehunter's post on him tying his btw the speed nocks ... and that got me to thinking. I'm not obsessed with the speed ... could be shooting something a heck of a lot faster, but any little extra would be great. Don't need to be shooting rocket speeds, noticed I don't shoot as accurately when they are lazer beams (ie. Alien speeds, mofo was FAST)

Post Thanks / Like

^Scratch this. Did some experimenting last night with the whiskers ... after having them on the string, significant/noticeable difference after the shot without them. Even with just 1 - tied a new set (2) back on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    ^Scratch this. Did some experimenting last night with the whiskers ... after having them on the string, significant/noticeable difference after the shot without them. Even with just 1 - tied a new set (2) back on
    So what did you notice! string noise or speed loss,must have been string noise or you wouldnt have put them on in first place! i know my bengal had alot of buzz after shot.Wiskers took care of it though........and sts wasnt needed.